BSNL Broadband: Very low Speed

ISP
BSNL
Hey guys ... I have 500C home plan and I use a UT300R2U router. Everyone else in my locality gets 220-240kbps. I get 90-110kbps :(

My Computer Details:

My Speed .. I get these speeds when I use RS premium. It's more or less the same for other sites too

My speed test results:

https://www.speedtest.net

Should I change any settings?
Is it my modem or my phone line(I took BSNL landline connection in 2000(if that helps!)?
The speed is always the same ... I had been using this plan for 4 months now.
Guys I pay the same amount as any other user, I must also get the same speed!.. Plz help

i m also facing very low speed from sum past days..........

Omg!! :O

Look at that damn ping! 3380 ms on hns mumbai? WTF?

Get your telephone line checked asap.

And, what's your location?

Look at that damn ping! 3380 ms on hns mumbai? WTF?

Get your telephone line checked asap.
Are you sure tht this is all because of my telephone line?
When I call the Bsnl ppl, they come, check my line and say it's fine
Do you think it's a prob with my router or something?

And, what's your location?
Hyderabad

Are you getting speeds like this since the 1st day of your broadband plan?I know many people who are using a UT300RU. It works fine. I don't think your modem is the culprit in this case.Did you try changing the modem/splitter with some other modem/splitter? Check it first to confirm and report back.

run the speedtest when broadband usage is nt there.dont run torrents or any other download while you are checking your speed.redo a speedtest and post the results.

Are you getting speeds like this since the 1st day of your broadband plan?

I know many people who are using a UT300RU. It works fine. I don't think your modem is the culprit in this case.

Did you try changing the modem/splitter with some other modem/splitter? Check it first to confirm and report back.
yeah, I've been getting these darn speeds right from the first day :(
I've swapped my modem with my friend's modem and the speed is still the same... Didn't try this with another splitter, I'll post the results ASAP

run the speedtest when broadband usage is nt there.dont run torrents or any other download while you are checking your speed.

redo a speedtest and post the results.
I performed the test again with no other processes/downloads running in the background

Here's the result

https://www.speedtest.net

Guys, please help me out .. I'm in some serious SHIT!!!

Now only BSNL people can help you out. The problem, it seems is not in your equipment or line. The problem is in the damn exchange.Is there any disturbance in the line? Is the quality clarity clear in the telephone instrument?

Back