BSNL Broadband: Wireless broadband at<span class="WebRupee"> Rs. </span>99 for Rural customers

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,025
it will be on paper only!

Why so ? Wired rural plans (USOF) are already there. And they are much cheaper than regular broadband.

hahahahah, i belongs to village which is rural, but for me no rural plan coz i m connected to urban exchange. SDE is helpless always on this point. Double face of bsnl..............

Why so ? Wired rural plans (USOF) are already there. And they are much cheaper than regular broadband.
I'm in semi rural area and they still don't have copper line here (Yes thats means not even landline).

This is just pure mockery in the name of so called development of rural area. Take me as an example, I'm am connected to a rural exchange, currently on USOF 500 plan (512 kbps till 6 GB, then 256 kbps unlimited). Now the real deal comes here for me if I want a 512 kbps unlimited, that will cost me 800+taxes while the same for urban people is 750 rs. Now if the USOF is already subsidizing the plan then how come this plan is even more costly than the non subsidized plan. IF things were to be fare (considering that they are getting subsidy from USOF per connection in rural area), the 512 kbps plan should be priced around 500/550rs.Another cheap conditions is something like 25 first connection are only eligible for these reduced plans per DSLAM/T.Exchange.And in the above link, it is mentioned that the Govt. Institution will be eligible for 800rs./unlimited plan. Let it launch first, I'm hearing this so called rural broadband B.S. from years now.

It was mainly because the main stream plan speeds (for UL) were doubled but rural plan tariffs remain untouched. Why not move to UL 750 (neutral tone).

It was mainly because the main stream plan speeds (for UL) were doubled but rural plan tariffs remain untouched. Why not move to UL 750 (neutral tone).

Just the same reason, was waiting if they increase/change speeds for these plans too. BTW I'm will be finishing my Grad. this year.... So will be doing job in coming time. Right now parents are paying for BB. I could have asked them for extra 250rs. but was waiting if the rate of Rural plan came down or the defintion becomes 512 kbps and they increase the current plan speeds to 512kbps itself.

Back