bsnl connection problem

dralchemist

ISP
BSNL Dataone broadband
Hi guys, I have been using BSNL dataone broadband connection for the past 18 months, For the past 6 months I have a problem. The internet spontaneously gets disconnected 15 minutes after switching on the modem, it works fine for 15-20 minutes then goes off and reconnects again, and the same cycle repeats again and again. This happens until 9 pm and after that it works fine. So I didnt complaind much to bsnl office, as I browse only at night when the internet works fine. But for the past 3 weeks the net goes off even after 9pm, it doesnt stay connected to internet for more than 15-20min. I complained it to bsnl office. A bsnl guy came to my home, he reset the modem and rebooted the connection the username and password. It then worked fine for one day. But the problem has started again, its quite frustrating. The people at bsnl say that modem is good, but there may be a "line problem", I dont know what to do, can anyone please please suggest some ideas and help?????????:(

Select your modem model/make from this list.Post details here.If you can post ADSL data which shows SNR ATTN mod selected line speed etc.Hope you are connecting ALL telphones AFTER the splitter. Any new electronic devices like MW oven , cordless telephone etc in your house ?

Hi, thanks for replying! The dataone modem model is: ADSL 2+ DNA-A201BE white coloured modem. I'm sorry but I dont know what do you mean by "If you can post ADSL data which shows SNR ATTN mod selected line speed etc." can you put it in simple terms? Yes, we have a MW oven, but its not new, we've been using it for the past few years, and its in the kitchen and switched off most of the time. And also we actually have two seperate phone lines with two different numbers. One line comes ground floor and from there it has 2 parallel cord connections in the first floor in two differnt rooms for intercom, and these phones in the first floor are cordless. The other line comes to the first floor for internet, where it goes in to a splitter box and from the box one wire goes to a regular phone and the other goes to modem. Is it possible that the internet problem may be due to the way telephone lines are wired up in my home? If so can you suggest any ideas on how to solve it?

ADSL 2+ DNA-A201BE will take up later if required.

Is it possible that the internet problem may be due to the way telephone lines are wired up in my home? If so can you suggest any ideas on how to solve it
YES.

All phone connected DIRECT from Phone junctions
in different rooms ( internal wiring )must have
additional ADSL splitters. ( Not ordinary phone types)

see diagram:
SmartAX MT-841 ADSL MODEM (Type-III) CONNECTION

feedback.

Sir, thank you very much for replying. Is this problem common with this model of dataone modem ADSL 2+ DNA-A201BE ? I already have one ADSL splitter ( SP-23PD-A)for the new number that comes for internet, and its wired like the circuit diagram you showed and there are many other such similar white plain boxes. One thing I noticed with the diagram is that, it says that the main telephone line jack should not be connected parallel to any other line, but in our home thats exactly what is done. That is, the input wire to ADSL splitter goes and connects to a white coloured plain splitter which in turn connects to a parallel network to the groundfloor. Will the problem be solved if I remove the parallel connection from the Internet line? Or If I have to do anything else, can you please mention it?:redface:

Main Phone junction===>adsl splitter ===PHONE port ==phone connection plug 2way / 3way== all phones OK.Modem Port Rj11 to modem.If in any other room parallel BSNL Phone point ADD ADDITIONAL ADSL splitter to Phone/s.Para two:dataone modem ADSL 2+ DNA-A201BE This modem is similar to beetel 220BX.In IE type 192.168.1.1/main.htmlUser ID admin password password or admin.See under Management or MaintenenceAny menu item client tr_069 ? disable itSave reboot. Wait for two minutes.

If you claim that the problem only occurs at day time and at night it stays in sync then it's probably a problem at the exchanges end. Or maybe your phones are connected before the splitter and someone is giving you missed calls every 15min?

right,.. if its a problem which occurs at a particular time of the day , then its mostly a problem at the exchange and not at your end..

Back