Bsnl connection problems

• Thread starter Thread starter sagarkumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,100

sagarkumar

ISP
BSNL-Broadband
I recently took a bsnl broadband connection ( Home 500C plan ). The problem is that the connection is not recognising any applications except IE. The installation was done very quickly by a bsnl person ( because it was a free installation ). He just told me to put the cd in my desktop and follow the instructions. At one point, there was an error saying "USB modem not detected" Then he became flustered and told me to go to network connections in control panel. He changed the TCP/IP parameters ( IP address, DNs servers etc..) and then he told me to open Internet explorer. It was working properly. Little did I know that it would be the only application which would work properly. Applications which are not working are* Mozilla firefox*Opera*Bittorrent, azureus and other p2p applications*any program which wants to update by itself etc.. ( AVG anti-virus )*yahoo messenger and many others....What is the problem with my connection?

@/members/sagarkumar/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Please repost this in main forum. Backroom is for "Experts".discussion. Sometimes you can not post message in backroom and it is by invitation.
Anyway recheck your modem settings here. ( model Number ?)
BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU.
Further response in main BSNL forum.

Back