BSNL Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Dhanjal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,563

Dhanjal

ISP
Dataone
I went to BSNL office yesterday, they said that i will have to apply for a telephone connection first, and i will have to pay 500 Rs for that. Only then i can apply for Dataone connection. I will apply for 600 Rs Combo plan after that, that means that i will be paying 1100 Rs only. No installation charges, nothing additional besides this.And i was thinking that i will have to pay atleast 3000 Rs but instead i will be paying 1100 Rs only. I won't buy the router but i will get it on rent. Are there any additional hidden charges besides these ? And what is the monthly rental including taxes and router rental for Combo 600 plan.

Welcome to BroadbandForum.in.

See this. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
You will get 2.5Gb free download and Unlimited NU ( 0200-0800) Free telephone calls 50.

Thanks, I am just confused about the payment. They say that i will have to pay 500 Rs to get the telephone connection, only then i can apply for the broadband. But i read somewhere that you have to pay installation charges 300 Rs and security too. Normally they don't tell you everything, Are there any hidden charges?

Remaining amount would be adjusted to your first bill.

1. Security deposit for your B-phone +
2. Security deposit for the modem +
3. Installation charge for broadband (if you opt) +
4. Installation charge for your B-phone +
5. Rs. 600/- + 12.36% tax +
6. Modem rental (Rs. 90/- I think)

From second Bill only No.5 + No.6

BSNL- Landline Service Tariff Card

Thanks, I am just confused about the payment. They say that i will have to pay 500 Rs to get the telephone connection, only then i can apply for the broadband. But i read somewhere that you have to pay installation charges 300 Rs and security too. Normally they don't tell you everything, Are there any hidden charges?
i dont know about punjab. but in bangalore, till 9th feb or near to that, there wont be any charge for bfone installation, deposit. You dont have to give a single rupee for applying the telephone. if you want std, you have to pay 1000rs (that will be included in the first month bill). You dont have to pay anything. The tariff on the website is not updated.. please ask any Customer Care Center before you pay them !!

I paid the following amountTelephone Security -- 500 RsBroadband Security (1 month advance as my plan is Home 500 C+) -- 600 RsADSL Modem (Purchased it) -- 1200 RsService Tax -- 48 RsTotal -- 2348 RsI applied for the telephone connection on Feb 4, got it on 9th of Feb. I applied for the broadband connection on 11th and got it on 16th. I must say bsnl employees are the laziest people on earth.I don't know how much i will have to pay next month. I guess i will have to payHome 500 C+ Rent -- 600 RsService tax -- 12.36% (i don't know the exact percent)Telephone Installation charges -- 300 RsBroadband Installation charges -- 300 RsTotal above 1200 Rs. Am i right or not ?

u said all right .i filled the registration form on 3,JAN,08When after 15 days i didnt get the connection iwent to exchangeThey replied that it may take 15 days moreOn 5 Feb,i went again they said come next week, When i went in 14,feb they said that the telephone exchange doesn't have capacity to give a new connection.They were taking the test of my patience.After that i lost patience and decided to go with connect {HFCL INFOTEL LTD}

It took 8 months for me to get the connection even though my exchange had full capacity to give the connection...

I guess it depends upon the exchange in question. In Trivandrum, all the exchanges are giving away connections within a week of applying. But my exchange (Central Exchange) has a different story to tell. Although its one of the largest exchanges in the city, many of my friends, who had applied for a connection back in Nov 07 are still waiting for the connection.

Back