BSNL EVDO Broadband: In Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter sathizk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 14,365
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Evdo we need to pay a) Fixed monthly charges for card Rs.200 and &Fixed Monthly Charges Rs.550(for accessing Internet only) ?????200+550=Rs.750 per month?

If you are taking the card on rental basis above calculation correct.. but if you want to purchase the card, then you have to pay Rs 550/- onlyvaithy

If you are taking the card on rental basis above calculation correct.. but if you want to purchase the card, then you have to pay Rs 550/- only

vaithy

Thank you Vaitheshwaran.

Folks,I have heard that EVDO card will be working fine in 144Kbs (non-EVDO Network) and in 2.44MBs (in EVDO Network).Is this correct any one used this ?I have enquired in Anna Nagar, R.K.Mutt Road, Ambathur, K.K. Nagar.All these centers don't have that card. They are referring me to Poonamallee, need to give a try tomorrow.If you guys have already bought this, can you please let me know in which center i can get it and also let me know the procedure ...

dear sububack !

I am very much surprised that u didn't get EVDO in K.K nager .Because K.K nager is the only exchange in Chennai metro that providing EVDO signal.. I my self tested the signal near M.G.R nager where the speed around 680 kbps...Met mr. Narasimhan CRM in Guindy BSNL office . U may met Anna nager CSC ofice SDE G.Aruna for this card. However since U has BSNL wireline BB, EVDO cann't substitute it.. U can only use it as Mobile BB for your Labtop around Chennai..Signal is good only in south chennai around 80 kpbs to 110 kbps in the CDMA (144kbps) areas and around 550 kbps to 1mbps in the EVDO areas..
K.K nager, Poonamalle, Porur, Chemancherri, perungudi are the EVDO enabled area in chennai.. Recently a officers meeting conducted by GM BD for establishing evdo towers in the city. One of the Officers told that there is no demand for EVDO..( Actually the situation is very different, inspite of public demand, some officers see that it eat the wireline BB market share..so they are not enthusiate about it) instead of running around exchange U may email the requirement for EVDO services in chennai to [email protected] .

Vaithy

I live in the Ashok Nagar area and got the EVDO card a month back.I went to the Kodambakkam customer care center of BSNL (Station Road) and submitted the application form. They will give a receipt which will have the reference number. After a few days they will come to your place with the USB modem which is a small box. - Install the software and you are online. To make it easier, I took my laptop to the BSNL office where the AE installed it. Interestingly, at his office I was getting only CDMA speed but at my apartment (3rd floor) I got EVDO with 2 bars. Speed isnothing to boast about and I got nowhere near the advertised speeds.Another downside of this modem is you cannot attach it to a router or use VOIP phones with this. Iam told with the large number of apartments buildings in the city you cannot expect faster speeds in the city.Hope this helps

[*][FONT=&quot]First think BSNL suggest BB connection instead of EV-Do card. They are not aware for the EV-Do technology and do know more information on that. Some of them really conveyed about speed (in Porur-Chennai they suggested to take rental basis then only purchase, this is good thing whenever you are not satisfied with EV-DO card.) [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[*][FONT=&quot]In your near place have any BSNL tower you can buy the EV-DO card without doubt. You can get speed at least 150Kbps but when downloading time you can get only up to 25Kbps. Compared with BB may you suffered a lot.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[*][FONT=&quot]Better for browsing with EV-DO card. I tried with Dr.TCP software, cant get more speed.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/list]

Thanks Vaithy and others...I got my connection from Narishman Guindy...I get 2-3 bars 1X in Anna Nagar, its pretty good compared to Other GSM Data cards and Tata Indicoms plug2surf and reliance net-connect.Is there any idea that this connecting to work in other cities of tamil nadu, outside chennai. (BSNL Officals say it doesnt have roaming).But i believe they doesn't know about this, as usual :-)Hence i am asking this, please let me know your experience on this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back