BSNL EVDO Broadband: In Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter sathizk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 14,365
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vaithy, I am also looking for the Roaming information. I have used this card in outskirts of Chennai, near Periyapalayam 60kms away from Chennai, it was really fast even with the 1X signal (max rate 178kbps). One of my colleague tried to use this card at Hosur, but did not have any signal. His brother has EVDO card in Hosur, which works at EVDO speeds, which shows that this card still does not have Roaming. I think that currently this card will work within the BSNL Chennai zone (wherever 8 digit phone number range is available). If that is the case it should work also in Kancheepuram. Any thoughts please share...

Dear agnagarajan, at present Roaming to other circle is not supported in EVDO.. for this BSNL had to receive necessary license ( I think they already got the license but they waiting for mass commercial luanch all over India..although BSNL has started ground work for EVDO much earlier than others its officers enthusiasm has stopped suddenly for the following reasons..TRAI which is siding with the private players agreed with the Ambani's case and declared BSNL EVDO is illegal ss it is 3 G so BSNL is silentlyaccepting the TRAI's order and stopped working further.. however already suplied cards are to be treated as test purpose.. so promised no marketing now..However come january 2009 it may change all about EVDO.. until than you may accept whatever they offer to you... any advertisement by BSNL for EVDO is illegal now..vaithy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back