BSNL EVDO Broadband -REV-A (3.1 mbps) in chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter Vaithy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 33,881
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vaithy,I live in Kodambakkam and i have recently bought(a week ago) the EVDO Rev-0 (upto 2.4mbps). I was unaware of the upto 3.1MBPS EVDO rev-a...........I have a slew of questions for you.... please help:thumb:Is it available for Kodambakkam?If no, then is it available currently only for outer chennai?If yes, then will i get the upto 2.4MBPS EVDO speed until the tower in kodambakkam is upgraded to 3.1MBPS?????Also What is its tariff(Is it Unlimited like the previos EVDO-REV-0?Lastly where can i buy one....... The CSC in kodambakkam isnt even aware of any datacard for 3.1 MBPS

@smasher,pl visit CIPET BSNL Customer care centre,you can contact Customer Relation Manager(CRM) Shri.Narasimhan, at BSNL Office 40,CIPET Road, Tiru ViKa Industrial Estate.. Just take a MTC bus from Annanager to Tambaram route and alight near guindy estate stop just a couple of walking distance.. It 'll take 20 minutes to get new connection as well as any speed iformation in your area, lot of BSNL customers benefitted from him..Cheers!

@smasher,
pl visit CIPET BSNL Customer care centre,you can contact Customer Relation Manager(CRM) Shri.Narasimhan, at BSNL Office 40,CIPET Road, Tiru ViKa Industrial Estate.. Just take a MTC bus from Annanager to Tambaram route and alight near guindy estate stop just a couple of walking distance.. It 'll take 20 minutes to get new connection as well as any speed iformation in your area, lot of BSNL customers benefitted from him..
Cheers!

Thanks

what is the rental for - EVDO Rev-0 what is the rental for - EVDO Rev-Aif there is no rental plans for the modem ...will there be any in future?i live in mylapore and out right purchase is not an option......i am in BSNL home 500c plan for now.

what is the rental for - EVDO Rev-0

what is the rental for - EVDO Rev-A

if there is no rental plans for the modem ...will there be any in future?

i live in mylapore and out right purchase is not an option......

i am in BSNL home 500c plan for now.

Presently there is no rental option accepted for the New REV A modem.. However the the speed is same for the REV _0 and REV-A in the old 2.4 mpbs.. as the upgradation to Rev A is yet to be finished , and delayed.. hence the Tariff for the both modems are same Rs.550/for unlimited (Roaming is yet to be enabled in chennai) if you ask the BSNL officer they may arrange demonstration in your place

If you are with Home500C then happy with it.. EVDO is for mobile customers as well as thus they who live in locality where no provision of BB exit..

I live in Medavakkam and saw evdo speed upto 2.4mbs on chennai bsnl website. Where should i contact to get a demo?

contact DGM(chromepet) for assistant.. usually your nearest CSC officer or Telephone exchange Officer should come to your house with laptop for making demonstration.. how wever not all the officers are provided with such facility some may come with a test EVDO card with them and configure it with your Desktop.. But this is not likely speed actually available in your room itself..Signal will vary every inch of your room.. S having laptop is a best pet for you..

2 services WIRELINE , INTERNET, CDMA MOBILE, INTERNET, IN SERVICES BROADBAND, BILLING, TARIFF PACKAGE

M.Sreedhar DGM (CHR) Chrompet& Tambaram 79 GST Road Chennai 47 [email protected] 2238 7555 9444979949 2238 7575

max practically speed on can get through 3g or wireless broadband is around 1 - 1.3mbpsalthough they say 3.1mbps (if u are close to get speed ll be better)

Hello Vaithy, whom should i contact to get a EVDO @ Flower bazaar Exchange ? The person in the counter had not much idea about the tariff and coverage. And also provide info about the speeds i could get from Flower bazaar exchange. Thanks in advance. :)

Hello Vaithy,I see the Madhavaram having evdo enabled in the bsnl website, but the csc at madhavaram says they have the setup ready and connection is not yet through and it is capable of 1X speed only. is this correct?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back