BSNL EVDO speed is pretty decent in the morning

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 35,194
Status
Not open for further replies.
well if you are getting 1x signals only you can recharge unlimited cdma plan for 390. which is acceptable deal since other operators offcer 2GB GSM data for 199rs.

well if you are getting 1x signals only you can recharge unlimited cdma plan for 390. which is acceptable deal since other operators offcer 2GB GSM data for 199rs.
Hmm..now i get the point..

Guys,
I'm from Chennai. I bought bsnl evdo prepaid card last saturday (28/12/2013) from Chennai Chromepet BSNL office.
I was charged Rs.1850 (1499 for the modem and 350 for the sim). I was given Haier CE782 modem. I recharged it with Rs.825 in the BSNL office itself.
It never worked. When I tried to check the account balance I found out that there was no dial option for this modem. I can only send sms but could not dial a number.
I enquired the agent from BSNL office about the problems. He said that it is the only modem that works with BSNL EVDO connections and I can not dial numbers using EVDO card with any modem.
Is this information true?. I feel like I am being cheated. Guys please help.

Guys, I'm from Chennai. I bought bsnl evdo prepaid card last saturday (28/12/2013) from Chennai Chromepet BSNL office.I was charged Rs.1850 (1499 for the modem and 350 for the sim). I was given Haier CE782 modem. I recharged it with Rs.825 in the BSNL office itself.It never worked. When I tried to check the account balance I found out that there was no dial option for this modem. I can only send sms but could not dial a number.I enquired the agent from BSNL office about the problems. He said that it is the only modem that works with BSNL EVDO connections and I can dial numbers using EVDO card with any modem.Is this information true?. I feel like I am being cheated. Guys please help.
Hi bro.i'm from chennai too.Which part of chennai are you in? BSNL tamil nadu website says until JAN 2014 evdo connections were given at an all inclusive promo price of 959.When I enquired at Kellys Bsnl CSC they said all chennai centres were out of stock.About setting up your connection.In you pc after plugging in your modem,Go to create a new network ie dialup connection.In your bill there will be a 18digit long number.Pick the last 10 number and add @aapg.in as your username.And password is just those 10 numbers.For balance you can call *123# or 123 .Try getting a compatible software which suppports sms..But you shouldnt have been charged so much .I got an unlocked modem from ebay.Works okay but speeds arent stable ..they keep changing..Do tell me about the speeds you get..Send me a private msg if you want my mobile no if incase you arent able to get your modem to connect to the internet Also do tell me the speeds you get..

Thanks Bro. I am residing at Pallavaram. I just noticed the 959 offer you mentioned. Thanks for enlightening me.
My situation is like the modem does not support calling a number. I could check my balance only through online portal (genext.bsnl.co.in). Turned out the 825 recharge did not succeed!?.
I am really shocked and frustrated to be treated so and that too in BSNL office. Think my only option is to take it up with the branch incharge .
I will report the avg speed once I get the modem working. Thanks again.

harishanand said:
Guys,
I'm from Chennai. I bought bsnl evdo prepaid card last saturday (28/12/2013) from Chennai Chromepet BSNL office.
I was charged Rs.1850 (1499 for the modem and 350 for the sim). I was given Haier CE782 modem. I recharged it with Rs.825 in the BSNL office itself.
It never worked. When I tried to check the account balance I found out that there was no dial option for this modem. I can only send sms but could not dial a number.
I enquired the agent from BSNL office about the problems. He said that it is the only modem that works with BSNL EVDO connections and I can not dial numbers using EVDO card with any modem.
Is this information true?. I feel like I am being cheated. Guys please help.
That information is not true. I have teracom made modem.its dashboard allows me to make a call. One more thing if you want to make any query regarding CDMA dial 1502 from your BSNL mobile and tell them their EVDO no. and ask them.

That information is not true. I have teracom made modem.its dashboard allows me to make a call. One more thing if you want to make any query regarding CDMA dial 1502 from your BSNL mobile and tell them their EVDO no. and ask them.
Maybe the dashboard he got did not have such an option.Even my unlocked zte modems default mblaze ui didnt have call option..my seller gave a zte application which has call sms net log etc ..Just depends on what you have,maybe he didnt get it out of the box.
Thanks Bro. I am residing at Pallavaram. I just noticed the 959 offer you mentioned. Thanks for enlightening me.My situation is like the modem does not support calling a number. I could check my balance only through online portal (genext.bsnl.co.in). Turned out the 825 recharge did not succeed!?.I am really shocked and frustrated to be treated so and that too in BSNL office. Think my only option is to take it up with the branch incharge .I will report the avg speed once I get the modem working. Thanks again.
Hey bro..i'm from aynavaram..way too far ;)And btw try getting an updated dashboard (modem application) which your modem supports from the web.And bro,your number wouldnt have been activated immediately,it probably takes 1 hour atleast for bsnl people to activate the number,so 825 recharge wouldnt probably succeed..Gen next portal will show you if any plan is currently active on your no btw.Also 825 plan can be availed via the portal for 734rs from main balance (waiver on service tax).

cmsivasubramanian said:
Maybe the dashboard he got did not have such an option. Even my unlocked zte modems default mblaze ui didnt have call option..my seller gave a zte application which has call sms net log etc .. Just depends on what you have,maybe he didnt get it out of the box.Hey bro..i'm from aynavaram..way too far ;) And btw try getting an updated dashboard (modem application) which your modem supports from the web. And bro,your number wouldnt have been activated immediately,it probably takes 1 hour atleast for bsnl people to activate the number,so 825 recharge wouldnt probably succeed.. Gen next portal will show you if any plan is currently active on your no btw. Also 825 plan can be availed via the portal for 734rs from main balance (waiver on service tax).
what is portal ?? is it BSNL portal website(http://portal.bsnl.in/) as fas I know that dont support cdma prepaid. I had tried Rs 20 validity recharge from Paytm and it worked for me hopefully I can be able to recharge data plans too.

what is portal ?? is it BSNL portal website(http://portal.bsnl.in/) as fas I know that dont support cdma prepaid. I had tried Rs 20 validity recharge from Paytm and it worked for me hopefully I can be able to recharge data plans too.
Nono.i'm referring to the cdma gen next portal.http://www.genext.bsnl.co.in/cdmaprepaid/
bajechele said:
http://www.easymobilerecharge.com/select special recharge while recharging unlimited pack stvs
Doesnt work..keeps failing..Only successfuk way to get 55rs pack is from here http://www.genext.bsnl.co.in/cdmaprepaid/Also the pack is valid until the 3rd day 4AM(reachrged twice and have observed STV expires only at 4AM).For example if i recharge on 1st jan at 1Am my 55rs STV expires only at 4AM on 3rd january.Correction:It is not exactly 4am..it happens between 3.30 AM and 4AM.

cmsivasubramanian said:
Nono.i'm referring to the cdma gen next portal.http://www.genext.bsnl.co.in/cdmaprepaid/
Doesnt work..keeps failing..Only successfuk way to get 55rs pack is from here http://www.genext.bsnl.co.in/cdmaprepaid/Also the pack is valid until the 3rd day 4AM(reachrged twice and have observed STV expires only at 4AM).For example if i recharge on 1st jan at 1Am my 55rs STV expires only at 4AM on 3rd january.
oky unfortunately that service is not available for UP(E) circle. One more thing you can call 1502 from bsnl mobile for cdma account related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back