BSNL EVDO speed is pretty decent in the morning

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 35,194
Status
Not open for further replies.
cmsivasubramanian said:
@harishanand..waiting for your review and opinion..
Hi bro .. Sry for the delayed response. I have been testing the modem during the weekend.
I tested it in windows 7, windows 8.1 and ubuntu 13.10 (Configuring it for linux was not straightforward though).
The download speed was very unstable wavering between 20kBps and 40 kBps rarely hitting 70 kBps (In another post I said It hit 1.3 mbps during a weekday morning, I never got it again).
The ping time was above 400 ms mostly. I tested it using usb extension cable in different directions and could not get any noticeable improvement.
But I am getting full signal strength which I don't understand. It could be because of high number of evdo users in my region.
I was looking forward to set up wifi in my room so that I could use my laptop and mobile devices easily. With these speeds It wont be feasible.
I am very disappointed with it. From my experience I wouldn't recommend it.

can you post screenshot of download speed which you get while downloading in IDM?
Here's a pic of the speed..im using utorrent right now..However i get such speed only once in a bluemoon.Time while taking the pic:16:40 (4.40pm)This is with my broken modem(it broke after developing 2 cracks after falling around 5-6 times now,i used fevi quick to stick the plastic parts together.)Still i feel if i manage to get a new modem from bsnl i'll be able to get constant 1.6mbps all times..Most of the time i get 800kbps~1.1 mbps with this.

Hi bro .. Sry for the delayed response. I have been testing the modem during the weekend.I tested it in windows 7, windows 8.1 and ubuntu 13.10 (Configuring it for linux was not straightforward though).The download speed was very unstable wavering between 20kBps and 40 kBps rarely hitting 70 kBps (In another post I said It hit 1.3 mbps during a weekday morning, I never got it again).The ping time was above 400 ms mostly. I tested it using usb extension cable in different directions and could not get any noticeable improvement.But I am getting full signal strength which I don't understand. It could be because of high number of evdo users in my region.I was looking forward to set up wifi in my room so that I could use my laptop and mobile devices easily. With these speeds It wont be feasible.I am very disappointed with it. From my experience I wouldn't recommend it.
Looks really disappointing bro.I was expcting you to post speeds of 2mbps+,i'm confused now..Because my zte modem is able to hit 1.5+mbps not stable at all times though..I have asked a relative working in bsnl to arrange for a modem..no clue when i'll get it or what brand it would be..Btw bro,did you try using it at late night (2am~)? Or in the morning until 10 a.m.I've heard people telling they get amazing speeds back then..

UPDATE:I got a new bsnl prithvi Ue 100 modem.Speeds are pretty stable than the one i got on ebay ZTE AC 2766 UNLOCKED modem..Tested for 30 minutes,2.30pm-3.00pm,3 signal bars -84dbm..Speed varies between 1.3mbps to 2.2 mbps..Update 2:speed seems to suck really badly all of a sudden between 400kbps and 1.2mbps..really really badly.have no idea why this is happening,i was just trying to mess around a bit unplugging and replugging,n it sucks really bad now.Update 3:confusing again,i dont get the same speed or similar speed thro7ghout d time..a minimum of 800kbps-1mbps and at certain times of the day it goes upto 2.4mbps..but most of the time it stays around 1mbps and 1.9mbps.When i first began using evdo (2013 dec last week) i used to get good speeds after 10pm,however since last few days i get less than 1mbps in the night however after 8am it gets better :blink::huh:-_-:rolleyes:And this prithvi ue100 modem gets heated up as if it was frying inside the oven :( the probable reason is my signal keeps fluctuating betweek 3 bars and 4..im trying to make it stabilise.

harishanand said:
Hi bro .. Sry for the delayed response. I have been testing the modem during the weekend.I tested it in windows 7, windows 8.1 and ubuntu 13.10 (Configuring it for linux was not straightforward though).The download speed was very unstable wavering between 20kBps and 40 kBps rarely hitting 70 kBps (In another post I said It hit 1.3 mbps during a weekday morning, I never got it again).The ping time was above 400 ms mostly. I tested it using usb extension cable in different directions and could not get any noticeable improvement.But I am getting full signal strength which I don't understand. It could be because of high number of evdo users in my region.I was looking forward to set up wifi in my room so that I could use my laptop and mobile devices easily. With these speeds It wont be feasible.I am very disappointed with it. From my experience I wouldn't recommend it.
Any updates?Have you noticed better speeds?Its been quite some days since you got it nah.

Im getting decent speed most of the time(8-10 hours) irrespective of day or night THIS WEEK..around 1.4-1.8mbps and sometime goes above 2mbps upto 2.4..No rains in chennai though..But occasionally i get less than 800kbps when im continously downloading for 7+hours.Hasnt been like this always though..last week i was getting very bad speeds after 10pm ..bsnl is just confusing me so badly :blink::blink:

KrePer^^ said:
rains here in north have just destroyed network. How much ping u get???
Which location do you want me to ping?I get under 200 usually by default speedest selecting server..sometimes also less than 100..Edit: speedtest results.From chennai, server: Delhi MTS Ping:120Download:2.25mbpsUpload:0.18mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back