BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING : prithvi UE100 card is not compatible with win8. The pack doesnt warn u nor will the bsnl guy u buy it from.
And btw is there any other modem in Flipkart that is compatible with this evdo (cdma) sim card? Il be grateful if any of u can share the info.

WARNING : prithvi UE100 card is not compatible with win8. The pack doesnt warn u nor will the bsnl guy u buy it from.
And btw is there any other modem in Flipkart that is compatible with this evdo (cdma) sim card? Il be grateful if any of u can share the info.

there is no CDMA modems on Flipkart , try ebay or Amazon

am using capitel modem on win 8 , capitel is a much older version than prithvi ,

Bsnl EVDO Capitel modem windows 8 - Fix | BSNL EVDO Broadband | India Broadband Forum

try the solution in the thread , hope it works

Hey Guys... a quick update

I have browsed through a lot of other forums... The word is that not all mts zte ac2766 unlocked dongles are compatible with TP-Link mr 3220 version 2.0 3G/4G router. :banghead:

I plan to hookup the dongle using usb extension wire to my router, the problem now is that the pruthvi dongle is not compatible and also it does not work when used with an extension cable[emoji813]break:[emoji813]break: . I have plans to buy Micromax MMX 310c dongle form e-bay as it works with extension cable and also can be used with the router after getting a bin update from Tp-link :mad: . IS ANYONE FROM CHENNAI USING AC2766 SUCCESSFULLY WITH MR 3020/3220/3420 ROUTER.... IF YES PLEASE REPLY AND ADD THE DETAILS OF WHERE I CAN GET THE DONGLE (WORKING LIKE YOURS) ... AWAITING YOUR REPLIES
Yo bro :)
Me from ayanavaram.
I'm using an MTS AC2766 and BSNL prithvi Ue100 since about almost 7+ months.
Alongside a iball wifi router.
Please be aware that BSNL s modem doesnt work with most extension cables above .5m and also gets burning hot on many occasions of continous use.
However mts stays moderately warm even after like 7-10 hours of continous use..
Speeds too depend a lot on luck,
I shifted my house recently,
Previously on MTS i used to get 1-2mbps but on prithvi around 1.3-2.4mbps.
In my new house about a street away,prithvi gets only around 1.5max,where mts does go upto 2.8mbps at times but mostly is between 1.6-2.5mbps.
Also i would anyday recommend iball wireless n router over tp link.
ebay sellers name starts with braham or barham.dont remmber exactly,
Also confirm with the seller on bsnl compatibility before placing the order.
Gl.

For those who wants to use prithvi modem in Windows 8, run the program in compatibility mode (Choose windows 7 from the list) and try. I don't have that modem but you can try it. It might work.

Thanks @cmsivasubramanian for the insight... I have enquired with BSNL and they say that the EVDO connection is not feasible in my area although the tower being 750m away. Skipped the hassle .... Got an Airtel Broadband connection today.

Thanks @cmsivasubramanian for the insight... I have enquired with BSNL and they say that the EVDO connection is not feasible in my area although the tower being 750m away. Skipped the hassle .... Got an Airtel Broadband connection today.
I would recommend you to try out things yourself as bsnl people arent aware of evdo much,except a handful.
Also BSNL s website on EVDO towers is supposedly outdated,
Being from ayanavaram,according to their website nearest towers for me are in Anna Nagar/Shenoy Nagar/Villivakkam each of which is atleast more than 2km's.
However I notice decent signal converage at almost all corners of ayanavarm as well as my aunts house in kilpauk none of which fall within the diametre circle on maps represented on bsnl website.
So I beleive there is a tower in my surrounding or somewhere which was set up on a later date not updated in BSNL website.

One more example is that as per their website,
All towers in chennai are REV 0 ie upto 2.4mbps except towers in paris and some other place.
Whereas recently in my new house i notice 2.6-2.8mbps or atleast constant 2.5mbps .

So i beleive all towers should be Rev A (upto 3.1mbps) information regarding which hasnt been updated yet on site.

@cmsivasubramanian .. Thanks again for the info.. FYI.. I opted for Airtel Broadband connection.. and now its running fine.. Even thought i'll still consider getting EVDO as a backup connection. One more question though... is it possible to get a EVDO/CDMA sim for 40/- rupees ??.. I got to know this from other blogs , where people got a CDMA sim for 40 bucks and got their EVDO connection up and running.. Is this Valid In Chennai circle ?

^ yes .
It is possible to get a standalone cdma sim with evdo activated.
Thats how I got it (for my mts unlocked modem).
Sim was activated and working in 24 hours.
,but it would cost you about 250-350 bucks.
40rs is when you buy it alongside bsnl evdo modem.

Do you get any talk value (balance basically) when you buy a Standalone EVDO Simcard (RUIM for cdma) for around 400 bucks ??

And also can anyone please give an updated EVDO Plan tariff for Chennai Circle ??

1.No balance.0.
2.once you get your sim,you can get yourself registered in the cdma portal and all offers applicable to your number will be displayed there.
Also activating data packs from portal is cheaper by 10% than recharge shops due to exclusion of service tax.
Like say the 1 month 825 pack costs about 734.5 if activated from prepaid balance from the portal.
All prepaids plans are the same as originally launched.
No changes in STV s .
About top ups,occasionally they offer 10%,20% bonus on recharges above 500 etc.
Right now there s no offer.
Standard values like 84rs for 100 etc.
Not even full talktime available right now.
But usually once in 3 months they come up with an offer for 3 months.
Expect it soon around diwali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back