BSNL - EVDO - Usage - Review and everything about it

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 92,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.No balance.0.
2.once you get your sim,you can get yourself registered in the cdma portal and all offers applicable to your number will be displayed there.
Also activating data packs from portal is cheaper by 10% than recharge shops due to exclusion of service tax.
Like say the 1 month 825 pack costs about 734.5 if activated from prepaid balance from the portal.
All prepaids plans are the same as originally launched.
No changes in STV s .
About top ups,occasionally they offer 10%,20% bonus on recharges above 500 etc.
Right now there s no offer.
Standard values like 84rs for 100 etc.
Not even full talktime available right now.
But usually once in 3 months they come up with an offer for 3 months.
Expect it soon around diwali.

does the cdma portal allows CDMA prepaid recharges ? i had tried earlier but didnt work for EVDO
but worked fine for EVDO postpaid bills

can u share the link and a short procedure

thanks

^ You mean top ups?
No bro.
I was talking about the gennext cdma south portal.
It allows STV recharges by converting from balance.
For balance topup we have to resort to local shop or online sites.
I guess you are talking about some other bsnl portal.
Gennext portal shows details like current status of sim,applicable offers for topups STVs,validity,data usage,balance conversion etc.

^ You mean top ups?
No bro.
I was talking about the gennext cdma south portal.
It allows STV recharges by converting from balance.
For balance topup we have to resort to local shop or online sites.
I guess you are talking about some other bsnl portal.
Gennext portal shows details like current status of sim,applicable offers for topups STVs,validity,data usage,balance conversion etc.

i was mentioning this
SALE OF BSNL PREPAID LANDLINE CARDS ONLINE -- User Session

thru this i can pay evdo postpaid bills and GSM recharges

can u post the link for the gennext portal

update : got the link , never knew about this , helps to know abt the recharge values

thanks for the share

Last edited:
You welcome bro.
Not just about recharge values,but activating STVs also is a bonanza at times.
Like they offer 10-20% additional topup value at times,so basically you can topup first and avail additional balance and activate STV at a cheaper price excluding service tax..
For example,A recharge of 2000 Rs a few months back gave me 2600 Rs talktime.
And when activating 1 month evdo from portal it charges about 734 Rs.
So effectively i get 3+ months at the price of around 2 quarter months. :)

When I am trying to register my Evdo Sim number in genext portal it says it is not a valid prepaid CDMA number. My number starts with 9180****** and it's from Chennai . which is the user name. I am on prepaid as I get balance message after every use. Any help?

your username is different from the mobile no , i too got my evdo from chennai and its username starts with 9180
but my EVDO no starts with 9183 , u should check the slip u got along with the connection

When I am trying to register my Evdo Sim number in genext portal it says it is not a valid prepaid CDMA number. My number starts with 9180****** and it's from Chennai . which is the user name. I am on prepaid as I get balance message after every use. Any help?

The no. starting with 9180****** is the last ten digits of the RUIM card number, which is used for activating EVDO connection thro. BSNL connection manger. This ten digit no. is to be used as user name
and password.
The no. starting with 9183****** is CDMA mobile number.
The above numbers are given in the bsnl connection payment receipt.

If anyone wants to buy a Unlocked Photon MAX EC306-1 for Rs. 950. I am selling mine. I don't use it anymore. It's Unlocked to run BSNL EVDO sims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back