Bsnl gprs speed problem

• Thread starter Thread starter casanova246
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 11,773

casanova246

ISP
BSNL GPRS
Hi all,I am using BSNL GPRS in Nokia E63 phone Bhubaneswar.Untill 11.4.2010 I was gettin 49KB/s speed.But suddenly the speed reduced to 15 KB/s.I coul not figure out what went wrong.I tried all posibilities...1.Formatted Dell inspiron 60002.reinstall Nokia PC suite3.reconfigure GPRS connectionI m still confused about it...So anyone can help me with this would be of gr8 help...Thanx...Bye

49KBps is not possible on edge/gprs network, you were probably accessing BSNL 3g network. Nokia e63 gives 3G data speed at 384 kbps( 48KBps ) this closely matches what u saw earlier. check if u can get 3g access again

Try to set mobile to UMTS mode.Check if you get 3G signal or not.If you get 3G signal and still getting low speed of 15 KB/s, then the most probable reason is because BSNL might have block you from getting 3G speeds (since you are paying only for GPRS tariff).

HelloThank you hoc and merc for ur reply...Probably u both are right, but I have tried what u wanna say...I m using the phone with UMTS option on.My point is i m using the same settings as I was using it b4 but y this happened suddenly?Nokia E63 has both 3G option i.e UMTS and GPRS configuration facility and I have kept these options ON.But Hoc as u said BSNL might have block 3G speed so how to confirm that?May be it is possible....so is there any way I can know ?Plz replyBye

did bsnl start 3g services in your area? i guess its started, try to migrate your phone to bsnl 3g, by sending those SMS codes M3G25 for post paid ,M3G120 for prepaid to 53733 . and see if u get 3g signal back

hey i am from Orissa Nabarangpur btw its just not happening with u, all r facing d same since few days ...

HelloA per ur reply we do have 3G facility in Bhubaneswar.I have been using since 3-4 months when it was Rs.99 unlimited gprs.On 25.1.2010 there was a promotional offer of unlimited gprs at Rs.274 for 3 months.As u said I tried to convert 2g sim to 3g but in that we won't get gprs facility.Rather v have to choose data plans...I m really confused ..I meaan I just wonder y it happened suddenly?Y not earlier...

Speed IS Back Again:D have a look man :cool2:i mean connect ur phone n let us know if ur still getting slow speed:o

Heyyy I m still gettin slow speed....I went to BSNL office, BBSR and they reset my sim but all the same.Dissappointed again.Now I m plannin to change the sim and c what happens...Still confused y it happened.Everythin was ok for 25 days and suddenly.....Plz help me...Bye

How do they reset the sim. Is it possible.

Back