• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,661

Amuthan

US Broadband rox!
ISP
Airtel Broadband - 512 Kbps NU (India) + Comcast 50 Mbps
Hi people,
Refer to today's journal (Hindu dt.15, December, 2007). There is an Ad that BSNL has introduced 8Mbps plans for Businesses.
They are as follows:

Business 2000

Monthly: Rs.2000
Data limit: 12GB
Speed: 256 kbps upto 8Mbps
Additional Usage: 70 paise/ MB
Modem charges: As applicable

Business 4000

Monthly: Rs.4000
Data Limit: 25GB
Speed: 1 Mbps upto 8Mbps
Additional Usage: 50 paise/MB
Modem charges: Free Wi-Fi Modem rental

Business 15000

Monthly: Rs.15000
Data Limit: 125 GB
Speed: 2 Mbps upto 8Mbps
Additional Usage: 40 paise/MB
Modem charges: Free Wi-Fi Modem rental

Atleast BSNL has come up with 12GB data cap... What do you think guyz?

with my dataone home 500 plan i downloaded 11.5gb in just 4 days.

see terms and condition of these plans

The plan shall be limited to either uploading or downloading data volumes whichever is reached earlier.

what is its meaning? will they calculate download and upload saperately for 12gb limit.

as per existing method if download is 6gb and upload is 6gb then data transfer is 12gb which is maximum limit.

but how they will caluclate if download is 10gb and upload is say 6gb?

^ as I understand it , the uploads and downloads are
not calculated separately . they are always added .

the terms and conditions hav been written by 8yr olds.btw these plans are still not lucrative for home usersand also mebbe they wont allow home users to get the business 2000 Rs plan

dude and there will not be free usage at 2am to 8am as in home plan i am heavy downloader and none of the business plan which [provide 8MBPS is useless to me:wall::redface:

charges r not competitive compare to airtel which offers 4GB upper limit at 1400/- pm with 8Mbps, but its actual speed sux (max i got 200KB/s).But i like to know wht is actual download speed in bsnl's 8Mbps lines.

Pls, could anyone confirm if there is nite unlimited in bussiness plan 2000. Nothing about it is mentioned on the site.

And what do they mean by The plan shall be limited to either uploading or downloading data volumes whichever is reached earlier.

Traffic is always the sum total of all up and down data flow, dono what they mean by the above.

Without Night Unlimitd 8mbps Plans Will Not Work,only Rich People Can Enjoy 8mbps As They Can Enjoy Everything With The Power Of No.2 Money Guys,so Today None Of The Plan Can Beat Home 500 Of Bsnl

Its one of the STUPID plan from BSNL. Because:1) Its only available for Business Plans and not for home.2) The Download limit is again a big joke. With the 900UL(256kbps), I am able to reach about 30GB/Month. Not sure when will the BSNL wake up and make better plans and provide good customer satisfaction. Sometime earlier, BSNL was the 1st to introduce 2mbps. But this time AirTel has beaten BSNL, by introducing 8mbps for all its customers. AirTel also has better download limits than BSNL. I envy AirTel customers, since I am not able to get a new AirTel connection in my area. Happy Broadbanding!

Back