BSNL is inserting ads in websites, sending their users to malware sites through malware code injection

i can assure you this forum does not have popup ads. yet people get these ads on this forum. but if you use a vps, all ads would disappear because the connection becomes secure and bsnl cannot inject their shit into them.

if you are still confused. people are getting snapdeal's ads on flipkart.com.
chromania, Do you mean "VPN" or "vps" ? VPS is just a Virtual Server, VPN "CAN" give you popup ads

Right. VPN. Both BSNL and MTNL have failed to inject their ads on HTTPS domains.

Isn't this forum Non-SSL? I didn't get you.

PS: Free VPN Services like HSS (HotSpot Shield) or OpenVPN (Public Servers) Give you popup-ads

since you are not reading what i am writing, i am going to excuse myself from this discussion.

i am going to try again. these ads are not being pushed by the sites. because people get ads on this forum and proper legit websites like flipkart etc.

these ads are being injected by both BSNL and MTNL. mtnl originally was using technology provided by a company named adphonso. i guess bsnl also started using them.

these ads only appear on http domains. and not secure web pages. because tampering with them would probably require deep packet inspecting.

the ads that you get using free proxy or VPN services are different. these are ads that appear in your browsing session on a daily basis on legit websites.

also. google adsense does not have an ad format that slides out at the bottom right of web pages on desktops. they do have/had an ad format that added an ad bar at the bottom on small screen devices. that ad and the ads people get on their desktop browsers and even mobile apps (perhaps powered by android webview) in addition to mobile browsers are completely different.

When will this stahp! :rolleyes:

iHzOtfg.png

Joking aside, I started seeing the christmas wishes ad from BSNL too today. Absolutely unacceptable for a service provider to inject any sort of content into webpages. Following concerns arise -
1. Net neutrality
2. Copyright - tampering with webpages of others
3. Hacking/Malware dangers from the ad
4. The extra code injected can expose vulnerabilities to hackers.
When we visit a trusted webpage, we should see only content the webpage owner intended you to see, not some injected code and content from the dirty channel that is BSNL. Somebody should go to consumer court. More than malice, it is utter incompetence and inability to think on BSNL part that is causing this.