• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,964

AvidWatcher

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 1 mbps Unlimited, Vodafone 3G
Source: BSNL slaps Rs 2.6 cr penalty on Airtel for

Bhopal: The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has slapped a Rs-2.6-crore-penalty on Bharti Airtel for 'misuing' its numbers before the mobile number portability (MNP) was launched on January 20 this year.

What is the issue
Before MNP became operational, Airtel is said to have transferred its calls to BSNL network as a result of which several of the state-owned telecom's subscribers began receiving calls from Airtel. These calls requested BSNL subscribers to switch to Airtel.
The issue was flagged off to the Telecom Department's Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring (TERM) Cell.

BSNL slaps penalty on Airtel
In a recent development in the case, BSNL has sent a Rs 2,60,82,825 crore demand note to Airtel. The money includes the calls made by Airtel from BSNL network and the penalty.

BSNL has also restricted the incoming and outgoing calls on Airtel's network, a move that has weighed heavily on the private telecom player's subscribers.

I too recieved a call from airtel on my bsnl mobile regarding MNP !!!!!!!!!!

Source: BSNL slaps Rs 2.6 cr penalty on Airtel for

Bhopal: The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has slapped a Rs-2.6-crore-penalty on Bharti Airtel for 'misuing' its numbers before the mobile number portability (MNP) was launched on January 20 this year.

What is the issue
Before MNP became operational, Airtel is said to have transferred its calls to BSNL network as a result of which several of the state-owned telecom's subscribers began receiving calls from Airtel. These calls requested BSNL subscribers to switch to Airtel.
The issue was flagged off to the Telecom Department's Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring (TERM) Cell.

BSNL slaps penalty on Airtel
In a recent development in the case, BSNL has sent a Rs 2,60,82,825 crore demand note to Airtel. The money includes the calls made by Airtel from BSNL network and the penalty.

BSNL has also restricted the incoming and outgoing calls on Airtel's network, a move that has weighed heavily on the private telecom player's subscribers.

How BSNL can claim that Airtel misled its network? After all, bsnl subscribers pay to BSNL and they receive call from Airtel. Subscriber should claim against airtel to stop calls. BSNL gave incoming free to their subscribers that is their mistakes why should they blame on airtel? I agree that this is not fair of calling to subscribers to change the operator before MNP has implemented.

@acc144there must be some rule in interconnect agreement that they cant promote their business on others lineits like, u have a business and then ur competitor has a deal with you, but u wont do a business with him, if he is trying to steal ur customers.have u received calls from any operator stating that "sir, please take our connection?".. i have received many marketing calls but never from any mobile operator.

Wish the court fines Airtel a billion dollars so that they never try to use unfair marketing tactics ever again but i don't think that Airtel will fight this lawsuit fairly.

Back