BSNL: SYROTECH ONT is changing wifi settings

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 11,441
ISP
BSNL
Hi.

I’m using Syrotech 1110WDONT ont and whenever I change the wifi password or make any changes in WLAN it gets reverted in some time.

Also I changed the IP from 192.168.1.1 to 29.9 and it also got reverted to 192.168.1.1 but surprisingly the user password admin/mypassword (which I changed) did not change. Don’t know how to troubleshoot this issue.

@Nikhil Sharma have you got any recent update and after that this issue came or this issue was from starting?

I don't even trust the ONTs noiw, they somehow got updated when I blocked all the proper channels for such thing

@Nikhil Sharma how is your this ONT's range? One guy told me that this ONT's range is so strong that he got above 40mbps even on its 3rd floor from ground floor! Is its range really that awesome ? He also have same Syrotech model number i.e., Syrotech SY-GPON-1110-WDONT . How much speed you got if you are in far distanced room (let say 30ft) in same floor and there are atleast 2 walls in between?

No idea.

@varkey we are using the same basic ont. Can you help?

I've seen this only when the internal storage is full, so changes are not able to persist in disk.

You can telnet or ssh in and check the disk usage. I think I've posted how in a different thread. Let me see if I can find it.

If its not a disk full issue, perhaps the device is damaged or the OLT is configured to override the config through the remote management options I guess.

Back