BSNL throttling speed of DDL sites

• Thread starter Thread starter karteek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,892
ISP
BSNL
Hi, Recently I moved to another town and took new BSNL broadband plan 999. I used to get all the sites at rated speeds in my old town. In this new town I am not able to download files at rated speeds that is 8mbps from ddl sites like link-removed & hugefiles.net. I am able to download some other files from other sites fine.

My question is can BSNL control the speed of the file downloads based on the accessing website. Please educate me. Thanks !

I was on BSNL for a while and I can safely say that they do not throttle downloads from random websites.

At one particular instance I am able to download files at rated speed from one domain say nptel.ac.in but at the same time I am unable to download the files from link-removed with same speed. Why is this so ? Please confirm.

Could be that the server at the site be offering low speed for downloads. It is a technique adopted by webmasters to gain on bandwidth (which is paid for site owners)

Thanks guys for your replies. I am still feeling suspicious about these folks. I am able to download videos from youtube and archive.org with rated speeds but still unable to from certain ddl sites. Is it something like blocking torrents ?

Thanks. I can see that all file hosting sites are quite slow and all sites like google and MIT websites are quite fast. Are you sure that BSNL doesn't control the speed of few websites ?

no. because file sharing sites want you to pay them to get faster pipes. google and mit does not charge you for faster access.

You are absolutely right but the same websites gave me full & better access while I was in Hyderabad and they are behaving weirdly after a month in different town. I just shifted from Hyd to a small town.

Back