BSNL Triple Play with IPTV launched in Kerala in collaboration with Cinesoft

1. Please explain me in detail, what that person at 4:00mins was taking about the bsnl fiber IPTV Set top box?

2. How bsnl fiber IPTV STB different from Jio STB? Will BSNL stb also work same as Jio stb i.e., work on ott Apps and consume internet data or they provide unlimited access to IPTV service without consume internet data?

3. In bsnl fiber IPTV service, will bsnl tie-up with local cable operators and provide local TV channels also through same main internet fiber cable OR through different coaxial cable of local cable operator by tie-up like what Jio is planning to do in future with its new hybrid STB?

4. When this bsnl fiber IPTV service available in PAN India ?

Please clear my all doubts.

@arunkadambanattu @varkey @vignesh_venkatesan

Last edited:
There is no details about pan - india as per the video. It might take some time.
As per his description there is no need for additional hardware for an android tv or Apple tv.
There will be an app through which we can browse the channel. Might be similar to Jio tv app(Hotstar, netflix) we use in mobile or laptop or tv.

The intresting thing to note is while using this app there won't be any need for additional hardware and
The data consumed for watching the channels through this app will not effect the plan data (broadband data plan)

An additional investment would be for the bsnl exchange, where there would be a cache server, this is the only additional thing that needs to be done.
I think that app would acess this cache server for iptv.
The working of this cache sever was described in early on video on the yt channel. 👍

Hope I quenched your thirst for curiosity 😁😁👍👌

As per his description there is no need for additional hardware for an android tv or Apple tv.

The intresting thing to note is while using this app there won't be any need for additional hardware and The data consumed for watching the channels through this app will not effect the plan data (broadband data plan)

No need for any extra hardware they mean "IP STB" ?
Without any STB hardware where app would install and how app would work?

Last edited:

Back