• Thread starter Thread starter mreddys10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,704

mreddys10

ISP
BSNL
Hi,
I have been using BSNL UL750 for a few years now with no real problems, and recently upgraded to their ULF1100 (2MBps) plan. Since the upgrade, certain sites refuse to load on my laptop, or any other laptop. I will try and provide a few of the websites that are not working below. It is not my laptop settings because even my guest's laptop does not load these sites. I have been able to connect to these sites at my office without any problems at all.

I did a google search before posting here, and in a few forums, it was suggested that I should change the MTU value in the modem to 1492 (instead of 1500). I did this, and it helped a bit, with a few sites being loaded (eg: iTunes download server), but there still are a lot of sites that do not load. Here's a list:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide
m.gizmodo.com (or any of the gawker sites like 'lifehacker' or 'jalopnik')
Zynga poker in facebook does not load either.
And a lot more that I cannot recall right now. These sites begin to load, and in the status bar, I get a message that it is waiting for a server, but it never connects.

I do not face any problems as far as speed is concerned (~200 kbps at night). I have also tried changing the DNS settings (to both, google, and open DNS in the modem), but this has not helped either.

Back