BSNL WIMAX outdoor POE adapter

• Thread starter Thread starter AmitP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 5,039
ISP
BSNL
Hi Guys,

my POE adapter became faulty and bsnl people are saying to purchase a new one from market or surrender the connection as they dont have new adapter in stock. problem is there is no other isp available in my area and i am not sure what kind of adapter to purchase. the one provided by bsnl looks like this :
How to install, configure and setup BSNL WiMax
please help by providing the details of other adaptors which can be used in this setup.

Just check the volt & amp listed on the old adapter. It would most probably be a 12v, 1.5 Amp adapter. You can then look for a similar powered POE injector online or if there is any Wireless ISP providing service in your area will be having it. Any near by pc shop/dealer can also get you one, just make sure to ask for a similar volt/amp version and it would work just fine.

Remember you need the full kit poe adapter+injector as some kits come as a pair while others come as single unit like your existing one. In the pair kits the injector takes a different type of power adapter input where you can replace the adapter with any other appliance similar powered adapters like Tata Sky adapter. While in single kit one (which has laptop type adapter) like your old one whole kit needs replacement.

Back