BSNL's Infrastructure is just FAIL (Rant)

SnakeDoctor

ISP
Broadnet
Seriously, whats with the high latency? Regardless of what speed/account I use, my pings are crazy to every game server/webhost in daytime. Then they go back to normal in nights/evening/morning.

So does BSNL assume everyone uses broadband in nights?

It's obvious there's far too much load on the backbone and the latencies go haywire. Would it kill the retards to...Uh, I don't know, get more dedicated lines and upgrade their backbone? BSNL's broadband is nationally available and the userbase is arguably the largest when compared to other ISPs, It's just plain stupid to continue things the way they are. P2P works, ofcourse. But there are more important things than downloading torrents...

There are only so many users you can cram into a single line before everything blows up (metaphorically, ofcourse.)

Googling reveals I am not the only one with this problem, this is very annoying and it has recently peaked with sites timing out in day times and 1-2second pings on game servers.

Everything goes back to normal in nights and evenings, which just pisses me off.

It's such a widespread issue, I guess it's too much of me to expect BSNL to resolve this or actually put any sort of effort into fixing it. With Airtel not available in my area, I am stuck on BSNL...part of me thinks buying another router may help out, but I am not too sure about that.

Sorry, had to vent this out. :redface:

So, anyone got any suggestions/comments?

/members/snakedoctor/Post at least ping data for one web site and tracert for the same web site.Mention your modem model, and OS ( if Linux "hands up " for me !!)Have you any idea how many BB users BSNL have In India ?

/members/snakedoctor/
Post at least ping data for one web site and tracert for the same web site.
Mention your modem model, and OS ( if Linux "hands up " for me !!)
Have you any idea how many BB users BSNL have In India ?

Well since the ping is back to normal, I can't provide anything now. But it's average 500ms on GameSpace/3FL/EGN TF2 servers oppose to regular ~250ms.

Modem is a piece of shit I got from BSNL. I am too lazy to look up the model number on the box, but It sucks and I should go and buy a Linksys one. Just sayin...lol

No, I don't have a idea how many users BSNL have. However, BSNL's plans are affordable and it's the most widespread Broadband service available. So by common sense, it should be the most used ISP. If not, then well, boo me.

If the post sounds retarded, sorry. It was merely a rant, afterall.

I am too lazy to look up the model number on the box
You mean you cannot see it near your computer. You have to search the box ?
Or is it somewhere else in the house ? No problem.
Go back to your games !! I don't want to spoil your pleasure activity. Have a nice day.

You mean you cannot see it near your computer. You have to search the box ?
Or is it somewhere else in the house ? No problem.
Go back to your games !! I don't want to spoil your pleasure activity. Have a nice day.

There's no need to get snarky. I don't feel compelled to search for a old router box, I know for a fact that the latency issue isn't a end-user problem as everyone with different modems/plans/places suffers from it.

If I recall correctly, this has became a big issue after the undersea cables were cut, I can't remember if sites/games suffered this problem before that period. But from my experience, the only time BSNL Broadband was good when it was launched. Didn't have many users, less choke and always full 2Mb/512k ADSL link.

You missed the point of the post, and that was to poke fun at the shit ISP that is BSNL and take a cheap shot at Indian Broadband scenario in general. For someone who's being so sarcastic, my post sure went above your head.

Anyway, I don't want to start a flame war or anything to that effect -- the post was merely a rant, please don't take mistake it for anything else.

@/members/snakedoctor/
So, anyone got any suggestions/comments?
Please consider my comments as withdrawn. Above question is not meant for me.
For someone who's being so sarcastic, my post sure went above your head.
absolutely correct.

@thread creatorwell maybe you want to outburst your anger on BSNL here..but u r not ready to give ping data and other details as asked by essebebe, so without all those details how can u expect us to suggest/comment on ur thread as it wont make any sense.

If this is the same SnakeDoctor as the one on VT I think we have to add him to our ignore lists if not banned from this forum for annoying posts :P

Not that I would add anyone to my ignore list... (censorship is evil) I actually like to read all posts THEN choose to ignore if warranted - more satisfying that way :D

If this is the same SnakeDoctor as the one on VT I think we have to add him to our ignore lists if not banned from this forum for annoying posts :P

Not that I would add anyone to my ignore list... (censorship is evil) I actually like to read all posts THEN choose to ignore if warranted - more satisfying that way :D

Lawl, thanks for the amusing anecdote. I find ignorance amusing, so thanks for cheering up my morning.

Yeah, I am the same Snake Doctor. And yeah, I was annoying because I dare posted well-written and brutally honest posts that "offended" most people? I don't ignore reality and said it the way it was and so I was annoying? Haha, you make me happy. (In a sad way) IIRC, most of my posts were defending Vista from the dumb criticisms people had against it.

Oh well, feel free to add me to ignore list. I really don't care/never have how people think or perceive me over the internet, so one retard ignoring me really won't effect my life.

Cheers

@Everyone who can't understand the "RANT" part of this thread:
Never wanted helped, never needed help, it's a rant for christ sake. Is the concept of a sarcastic/condescending rant so hard to grasp? The suggestions/comment sentence was an invitation to poke fun at BSNL.

Anyway, If this post/thread bothers you, close it/don't read it.

Back