Buying a Mobile: Samsung Galaxy or Nokia?

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 5,900
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I want to buy a new mobile and my budget is within Rs.8,000 . Just surfing on the internet about these touchscreen mobiles, latest ones. I found that there was a separate section for smartphones, i believe all these touchscreen phones are smartphones. Am i RIGHT? Initially i used to like Nokia Touchscreens like 5322 (Xpress) Music variety. (Symbian vs Android)Well, coming back to topic. My preferences are here:* Wifi enabled phone.* Android Yes/No - Both Works, i'll better go for Android.* Single SIM* 3G Yes/No - Both Works* Budget within Rs.8,000

Upvote 0
Galaxy Y color plus is same as Galaxy Y with 4 replaceable back panels, if you like showing different colors around, then you can get this for another 700-800 on top of the Galaxy Y.

Upvote 0
pocket 5300 seems to be the only choice now... will go to sangeeta or univercell and check out other models nos in pocket variety.Sangeeta or Univercell? or any other which you suggest....

Upvote 0
how are they different from the above under-10k phones?
that list of under-10k phones is huge... i'll get to many options there!

First the biggest difference is the price :P

And then The quality varies... Whether its touch, camera, battery back-up, UI... They are on a different level... and S3 had a few HD games I could download for free from app store.. not sure if it is still available...

pocket 5300 seems to be the only choice now... will go to sangeeta or univercell and check out other models nos in pocket variety.

Sangeeta or Univercell? or any other which you suggest....

I doubt they'll have a demo mobile for these phones

Upvote 0

okay... this are the things... usually, i used to go buy some mobile and come back,... but today i learnt that buying mobile phones require some small research.

Upvote 0
Well, if you know cars it would be like comparing Santro & BMW.. Well, that maybe too different... But the point remains, both can be used to be driven around the town. But what they provide different - comfort, size, build quality etc, would apply here as well...

Upvote 0
I doubt they'll have a demo mobile for these phones

Last time i visited, they had demo phones in Sangeeta. haven't bought anything from univercell yet.
They will have, but if they dont have demo, then i'm going to check the specs and buy one... if at all costs lesser than in flipkart.

Upvote 0
okay... this are the things... usually, i used to go buy some mobile and come back,... but today i learnt that buying mobile phones require some small research.

Trust me you have to research a lot and after all the effort you may still not be sure that you are making the right decision...

Last time i visited, they had demo phones in Sangeeta. haven't bought anything from univercell yet.
They will have, but if they dont have demo, then i'm going to check the specs and buy one... if at all costs lesser than in flipkart.

Check 91mobiles.com for price.. they list out most of the websites in increasing order of price...

Upvote 0
You can also check junglee.com to see best online offers. But get feedback of the dealer from the forum & elsewhere before you buy at that website.

Upvote 0
Trust me you have to research a lot and after all the effort you may still not be sure that you are making the right decision...

Check 91mobiles.com for price.. they list out most of the websites in increasing order of price...

Thanks,... but, they are missing flipkart in their list...a nice website providing good info though.
----
do you guys think i need to buy a pouch or cover for the mobile? ... i think i shouldn't, we wont keep our mobiles that long! that's just my feeling.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back