Calling all Dehradun JioFiber users who are facing high ping

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,079
ISP
Jio Fiber
I raised the issue of high ping in games like Valorant, Apex via email with JioFIber, they didn't adequately respond so I escalated the issue with ConsumerHelpline.gov.in they responded directly from Mumbai Jio Office.

At first, they thought it was only an isolated issue, but then I told them it is a city-wide problem. They have asked for details of as many users as possible and the games in which they are facing issues.

Details to be shared in Private Message:

1. Name (with which connection is taken)
2. JioFiber ID
3. Games and their IP addresses if possible.

NOTE: Name and JioFiber ID is required (so if you are not comfortable in sharing that info then do not PM).

@admin if this is violative of any rules of the forum you can remove this thread.

How do you define a high ping time? Any pointers to a number?

That's Wrong you can't get 40ms in Mumbai server from Dehradun its just not possible, basically ping in North India is generally high due to distance from Mumbai. I get 60-70ping on Airtel Fiber in Valorant and that's acceptable.

Im not a jio user but i get pings around 35-45ms at max to mumbai servers. Im from north.

That's Wrong you can't get 40ms in Mumbai server from Dehradun its just not possible, basically ping in North India is generally high due to distance from Mumbai. I get 60-70ping on Airtel Fiber in Valorant and that's acceptable.

A JioFiber user in Delhi gets 31 ms in Valorant on Mumbai servers. I don't see any reason other than bad routing why it is 70 ms for me in Dehradun. I myself once got 43 ms on Valorant but that was only once.

Back