Can AIRTEL MOBILE OFFICE DWNLD SPEED BE INCREASED???

• Thread starter Thread starter sudipta86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 26,833
i suggest everybody to connect there phones at 3.00am in the night just to understand that the 247kbps connection is not myth... now i've also heard a thing called "edge" and "non-edge" area... better do a double check with your service provider...

take my advise... if your phone shows an "E" while connected then use the above trick.
normal "G" users, ignore this... u don't have EGDE in ur area...

460 kbps is the port speed...

not true... or maybe ur referring to the performance of the older phones

just to let you know... i have a hutch billing connection... i got about 247kbps... i downloaded a 500KB file in a nearly 15 seconds

also i downloaded it on the phone and not on my pc but that doesn't make any difference... hutch is no good by the way... here also 247 is not always
in west bengal where EDGE is available the download speed is not as much as you say.

you say you download 500kb file in 15 sec. this speed is 33kbps not 247kbps.

you say you download 500kb file in 15 sec. this speed is 33kbps not 247kbps.

this is common misconception... just to let you know that a small "kb" is different from a capital "KB"

for eg, i would say...
my bandwidth is 256kbps
and my download speed is 32KBPS or 32KB/s

downloaded a 500KB file in a nearly 15 seconds
i downloaded this on my mobile where u cannot see the average speed but i'm sure it was 247kbps or 28KB/s

It is the 'b' that matters.Kb or kb = KilobitsKB or kB = KilobytesRelation:1KB or kB = 8Kb or kb.so, 256Kbps/8 = 32KB/s

b = bit.B = byte.kb = kilobit.kB or KB = kilobyte1 byte = 8 bits.1 kilobyte = 8 kilobits.ps or PS = per second.So a 256 kbps plan will give you theoretical download speeds of 32 KBPS.

this all is myth coz when you connect the phone with bluetooth dongle the speed is 115.2 kbps and when with cable it is 460.8 kbps it is nothing but programmed to show even the speed is lowest and not gprs and even egprs ie edge affects speed edge is only meant for videostreaming which airtel has stopped as soon as hutch discontinued hutch tv no matter why? to get good speed is to subscribe for idea which charges 2p/10 kb and generally gives speed over airtel and hutch or one can subscribe to airtel which is providing it at 512kbps

Hey i use MO its connection speed is 476Kbps and download speed is 4 kbps. This download speed used to b 12 kbps 6months earlier but now its not. Is such problem occuring wid all of u guys??? Due to such download speed i have decided to shift to BSNL broadband[which also sucks]

You have EDGE of only Class 10 and the speed mentioned is normal for your mobile type. If you want to get fast speed, try upgrading your mobile to Nokia E65 and notice the speed. Also EDGE network availability varies from one area to another.

well, By just getting a EDGE enabled phone doesnt mean that u will get good speeds, a lot of other things are also taken into consideration..like the "network conjustion" and also the range( signal stregth) u r getting etc etc..I have tried almost every connection on my EDGE enabled phone in my area.Hutch doesnt have EDGE in my area...Airtel gives about 32kbps( 4KB/s) and Idea really sucks...they were promising me to give at least 100 kbps and i hardly get about 8 Kbps( 1KB/s).and yeah Both Idea and Airtel shows "E" Symbol when u are in EDGE network..Well, we might see Broadband like speed if 3G becomes a Reality in India..but i dont see it happening soon.

the new generation of mobile phones like n73 and so on come with a 384kbps modem
theres a possibility of increase in speeds using these phones but i haven't used it but we can all trust airtel for guaranteed speeds.
airtel is the only serious player when it comes internet broadband services and they are offering it very cheap. fu@k hutch and all those corporate pigs for whom its all about money...

our gadgets have limitations but who knows whats airtels limit.

anyways, just to let you ppl know... the future is not EDGE but a technology called UMTS available on 3G... it makes 2mbps speeds possible even if your on the move atleast.

the UMTS technology on 4G has a capacity of 100Mbits DOWN and 50Mbits UP.

-----
Just a quiet peaceful dance for the things we'll never have
Just a quiet peaceful dance for the things we don't have
Just a quiet peaceful dance for the things they'll never let us have

thanx to our govt.

Back