Can I benefit from BSNL Broadband Government Employees scheme

ISP
BSNL
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about getting a new BSNL broadband connection at home. Airtel broadband is not available in our area (Sonipat, Haryana) and others aren't reliable enough.

I have heard of the 10% discount that government employees get on broadband bills. My dad's brother is an government employee, though we don't share the same address. Can I use his identity to get the broadband connection at our house? He doesn't own a landline connection himself, and won't have any problem in letting us use his identity.

I know it's kinda unethical, but I am really tight on budget and a monthly saving of 10% sounds good. What all documents are required while getting the connection? Can I somehow avail the discount by showing that he resides at the same address (if that is required)?

Thanks for your time. :)

Happy new year.

Thanks everyone, applied for a broadband connection without trying to cheat the system. Hopefully a miniscule percentage of BSNL's ongoing deficits get covered by that. :)
Just waiting for the day when TRAI forces 1 mbp.

Upvote 0
they have to force 2mbps from this year. realistically speaking we might get 2mbps minimum by 2017.

Upvote 0

Back