Can i use 2 core teflon cable instead of twisted pair copper cable for BSNL dsl?

• Thread starter Thread starter siren
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,603

siren

Gadget Freak
ISP
BSNL
Currently i have single strand copper cable running from the exchange box to my house. Due to single strand, it breaks or gets corroded over some period of time. This line is used for landline and broadband. Can i use teflon cable instead of it for dsl? What losses, if any, can occur? Will it be suitable? Thank you

Where does it break or get corroded?
It will break if there is some external stress at that point. It will usually corrode at exposed joints.
A new stretch of telephone cable from the box to your house might help with reliability, but it might cost you.

Actually the wire is in 3 joints till it comes to my house. And yes the joints are exposed. Will the voice clarity and Net speed increase a bit by replacing the whole wire?

Surely your line quality will improve if the job is done better. The cables should not be exposed to air & water, but unfortunately BSNL guys do not care, they will do most pathetic cable job and even join cables by stripping and twisting the cable and leave the strands exposed. Ideally the joints should be made with the splice joints like these:

Aliexpress.com : Buy 100PCS/BAG UY2 Connector for telephone cable/copper cable splice joint connector from Reliable connector male suppliers on Shenzhen Qin Technology Co., Ltd. | Alibaba Group

these are available in the local market where telecom cables & connectors are sold.

When you say teflon cable, we are only talking about the jacket or a strength member made of teflon to give the cable strength. It would not help if you make the same shabby joints as with earlier cable. I think just using proper splice connectors will help you.

Surely your line quality will improve if the job is done better. The cables should not be exposed to air & water, but unfortunately BSNL guys do not care, they will do most pathetic cable job and even join cables by stripping and twisting the cable and leave the strands exposed. Ideally the joints should be made with the splice joints like these:

Aliexpress.com : Buy 100PCS/BAG UY2 Connector for telephone cable/copper cable splice joint connector from Reliable connector male suppliers on Shenzhen Qin Technology Co., Ltd. | Alibaba Group

these are available in the local market where telecom cables & connectors are sold.

When you say teflon cable, we are only talking about the jacket or a strength member made of teflon to give the cable strength. It would not help if you make the same shabby joints as with earlier cable. I think just using proper splice connectors will help you.

Now i replaced the wire and got a weird problem. When i connected the wire to the junction box,(it is open connection) i put an insulation tape around it. The phone line started dropping every 10 mins or so. So i made the connection again and kept it open. Like without insulation tape to the connection and its working fine. Any ideas?

I didnt find the above connector which you showed.

No its not shorting. And i had put an insulation tape separately, 3 layers.. And then combined it.

When u r combining both the pairs I guess it is inducing crosstalk, check your DSL parameters before and after you combine them.

Last edited:

Back