can i use my dvd recorder to record MP4 format / tata sky = MPEG2 format / Big TV = MPEG4

• Thread starter Thread starter sabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,789

sabir

Regular
ISP
bsnl
HiI have a LG DVD Recorder DR165W i have use it to record Tata Sky programms & Tata Sky uses MPEG2 format for broadcasting, if Tata Sky upgrades to MPEG4 or say i want to switch to Big TV or Videocon or Bharti in the Future, does my DVD Recorder becomes rebundant, or i can continue to record shows in MPEG2 even when the Signal is in MPEG 4, Sabir

yes u can, cos the recorder will be recording the decoded signal from the stb.here's the process:satellite mpeg-4 signal goes to the mpeg-4 stb which converts it into a clean decoded signal and then sends it to dvr which converts the clean signal to mpeg-2 to be used for writing to dvd.

Yes u can record the MPEG 4 content in MPEG 2. I am recording like that only.I am using SunDirect and it is Mpeg 4 and i am recording it in Mpeg 2.:yahoo::thumbsup::dance:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:Thanks Guys for the Reply, I was like Gaya Paisa Pani Main, Thanks AgainSabir

Hi, I checked the India specific websites of LG, Sony and Phillips. No where could I see DVD Recorder details. Are any of these companies selling DVD Recorders in India?

Why no DVD recorder details available on web sites of Sony,Philips,etc in INDIA.Why dvd recorders are not popular in INDIA.In showrooms no DVD recorders available.WHY??????????

DVD recorders are not popular due to availability of pirated DVDs at cheap cost.. so no one will sit n record stuff they will buy it off the grey market for cheap...

Back