Can I use two MTNL Broadband connections from one place.

• Thread starter Thread starter whoru007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,362

whoru007

Human
ISP
Virgin
Hello Guys,I am MTNL user from last 6 months. Initially I have taken MTNL's DSL Unlimited 999 Plan & I was staying at some place in Mumbai. Now recently I have shifted to some other place in Mumbai & opted for MTNL's DSL Unlimited 599 plan. Few of my family members still stays at same place & I visit there frequently. Now my problem is that can I use these two connections form either of the places? If yes than how & if no than why?

If there are two active landlines at the two places then there is no problem at all. I suppose you know that you will be paying two bills.

most probably the connections will be port-binded and if so then u'll not be able to use one connection using the login credentials of the other

If there are two active landlines at the two places then there is no problem at all. I suppose you know that you will be paying two bills.
Yes, there are two active landlines at both places and I am ready to pay two bills.

most probably the connections will be port-binded and if so then u'll not be able to use one connection using the login credentials of the other
Now whats's that PORT BINDING!? & is there any technique to remove it.

Yes, there are two active landlines at both places and I am ready to pay two bills.
No issues at all. For MTNL you are two customers at two locations. As long as you have two landlines and residence proof, there are no issues.

No issues at all. For MTNL you are two customers at two locations. As long as you have two landlines and residence proof, there are no issues.

Can the bandwidths be combined / bonded? I am referring to Bandwidth bonding?

No. These are two independent connections as far as MTNL is concerned. They may not even be in the same exchange. At the other extreme they may even be in the same house but since they would be two lines it would be two bills. So how can you possibly combine the bandwidth?

Lookup Bandwidth Bonding. The bills and lines remain separate but you combine and use both pipes with a mechanism that allows you to Bond both :)

Lookup Bandwidth Bonding. The bills and lines remain separate but you combine and use both pipes with a mechanism that allows you to Bond both :)
See OP's first post. He is talking about two different places in Mumbai. So most likely it is different exchanges. Would bandwidth bonding still be feasible?
I am not aware of bandwidth bonding but if it is a client side approach then I believe it would require the system to be simultaneously connected to both ADSL routers. That is not possible in this case.

Edit: I just did a quick reading of Bandwidth bonding. From what I understand, the connectivity has to be available at the same location to make it feasible. Correct me if I am wrong.

Back