Can iball iB-WRA150N modem and router be used with reliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

goyal.sanchit

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hello everyone
I have a reliance connection (Thunder 2 Mbps) which is currenly connected via reliance modem and TP-Link router.
The tplink router is being problematic now. The wireless stops working after few minutes while internet works perfectly via lan. While I maybe able to resolve this issue by downgrading the firmware (The latest 2 firmwares has this issue) I am also planning to buy a spare router just incase.
I have tried various routers such as Netgear, tplink, Asus and iball. I got an iball iB-WRA150N modem and router recently to use with the bsnl connection and it works perfectly.
Therefore I am planning to buy another router for the reliance connection as well since it works well and also its a modem and router at the price of router alone.
Now My questions are-
1.) Can the iball modem and router be used with reliance?
2.) Can iball router be used as a standalone router only and if yes then how as it doesnt have a wan port.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

This must help,
https://broadband.forum/topic/64518-problems-with-reliance-broadband-thunder-plans/?p=714013
But as far as stability is concerned, i would only recommend a router+modem setup, but thats personal, ofcourse standalone works too.
goyal.sanchit said:
Now My questions are-
1.) Can the iball modem and router be used with reliance?
2.) Can iball router be used as a standalone router only and if yes then how as it doesnt have a wan port.
1) YES all & any ADSL2+ modems can be.
2) Depends on the router, some modem cum routers offer features like switch or dhcp forwarder so that MIGHT help, but why not get a router instead >? Rcom does provide a modem at there responsibility, anything happens they will replace it. This way you won't need to worry about any settings in modem you get & also get a bit better router for same price of you would get a standalone one.
Good luck

Hello
Thanks for the reply.
I can also get a router instead of the modem and router. I am getting the iball modem and router at almost the same price of the standalone router (Rs 1600-1650).
Also I have used Netgear and TP-Link router in the past. Not too happy with the TP-Link router. Netgear is quite ok but few days back I got the iball modem and router and quite happy with the stability of it. Almost no packet loss at all. And also I am guessing that usin a modem and router instead of 2 devices might improve the stability but thats only a guess though it would certainly result in less cables and hassles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back