Can the fast internet be stored for future use?

Manoj Mathew said:
I'd actually been thinking that if an ISP offers something along this line it would have a lot of takers without losing anything at all (except expenses for initial changes in software). The idea is that there must be a boost mode (higher speed) and a normal mode (lower speed). One can use the boost mode up to the fup presently being offered and the fup quota is reduced only in this mode. The customer can choose between normal and boost modes at any given time. If the fup is used up one can only use the normal mode (or boost mode could be offered at a price like Airtel smartbytes topup).
With this, the customer can have the high speed at the time he desires, for eg for watching videos or expediting a download that is urgently required. At other times he can choose the normal mode with reduced speed. The ISP will of course have to make changes in their software for bandwidth allocation and usage monitoring for this to happen.
The real problem is those asses are just interested in making money and they don't give a damn about keeping their customers happy.

bunch of friends in the same colony can download files separately.
share it over wifi u will then can get much higher speeds when u share the files among your selves :D some isp do that too :tongue:

anant.del said:
bunch of friends in the same colony can download files separately.
share it over wifi u will then can get much higher speeds when u share the files among your selves :D some isp do that
I live in apartments and I take several precautions to hide my wifi :D damn leechers

I'm not sure how it would make a difference. You are being capped by the amount you download. So, if early on in the month you download 10 files for 1 GB, it doesn't make a difference later on in the month if that download was at high or low speed. All they care about is that you have downloaded 1GB of data. So, you might as well do it as the highest speed available to you.
The only thing you would get from the low speed earlier on in the month is a deterrent to using the internet much earlier on in the month. Just set up some kind of blocker in this case :)
Or then again, I may not be understanding this use case at all

georgemp said:
I'm not sure how it would make a difference. You are being capped by the amount you download. So, if early on in the month you download 10 files for 1 GB, it doesn't make a difference later on in the month if that download was at high or low speed.
But what if, we have an option to choose the normal speed 512kbps whenever we want and not use the quota of high speed internet, say 5GB of 4mbps
for example:
2 type of data speed available with quota
512 kbps (unlimited)
4mbps(5GB)
you opt for 512kbps for 1st week, data used = 10GB
512 kbps (unlimited - 10GB = Unlimited)
4mps (5GB)
then you choose 4mbps for 1 day, and spend 1 GB
512 kbps (unlimited)
4mbps (5 - 1 = 4GB)
then after that you choose for low speed again.
This system is possible, but are they going to implement it?

rvisharma said:
But what if, we have an option to choose the normal speed 512kbps whenever we want and not use the quota of high speed internet, say 5GB of 4mbps

for example:
2 type of data speed available with quota
512 kbps (unlimited)
4mbps(5GB)

you opt for 512kbps for 1st week, data used = 10GB
512 kbps (unlimited - 10GB = Unlimited)
4mps (5GB)

then you choose 4mbps for 1 day, and spend 1 GB
512 kbps (unlimited)
4mbps (5 - 1 = 4GB)

then after that you choose for low speed again.

This system is possible, but are they going to implement it?
Forget such things. Indian ISPs with ancient mindset don't give a fck about such ideas. If they were wise enough, then the thing called 'fup' itself would have not existed.

for me man... the minimum speed which an isp's must provide in india is 1mbps...now ...in this fast world..like they are providing 512 from a long time and sometimes 256..thats pure bullsh*t .i know.which must be stopped though and realize what people want ...on a daily basis we see chatting , surfing , buffering and most important downloading which are a part of our life...see where other countries stands in terms of internet...atleast one fourth of it must be provided in India

Back