can u trust the EPG completely in tata sky?

Is there anything we can do to bring it to their notice? The only workaround to the problem is to have 30 mins (or more in some cases) of buffer before and after the recording. Which sucks :(.

No EPG in India is 100% reliable. In fact, even the websites of the respective channels do not have the right schedule.

Are you sure? Have you tried to record any series in Tata Sky+?I have several examples where the recording started late and/or finished early as the EPG was wrong.I remember an instance where I checked the WB website, and it had the correct schedule whereas TataSky's EPG was screwed up.

The channel broadcaster's website is completely wrongthey dont know what they are telecasting:wall:

ANother Issue with EPG : THe electronic program guide which Tata Sky DTH maintains is a Generic Guide which will have moderate to accurate Info . Lot of times while i record Suntv Serials some scenes at the end are skipped . this is mainly bcos channels run too much of adds and delay the program start . Lets say an progrm starts by 8.30 as per electronic program guide but most suntv serials start with a gap of 7 to 10 minuts and so the recording starts as per electronic program guide by 8.30 itself while the exact telecast starts 8.37 or 8.40 . but as per the electronic program guide the program hav to end by 9 and so the recording stops there resulting in the skipping of last few minutes of the program,THis is Channels Mistake . By Far Tata Sky DTH and any DTH operator maintains moderate to accurate electronic program guide but cannot be 100% sure . That is why Buffer length feature is given to record extra minutes before and after the program time .Many times i had experience the skipping of last few minutes. but if u record a chain of programs continusly then the last few minutes of one progrm will be present in the next programs recording. :grin:but if the channel change the program suddenly then its not fault of Tata Sky DTH wherein the electronic program guide will carry the old info resulting in wrong program recording

Back