Cannot access modem login page (BSNL FTTH)

• Thread starter Thread starter Razor54672
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,768
ISP
BSNL
I interchanged the Gateway and IP Address of my modem by mistake and since then I cannot access the login page at "192.169.100.1", which was the former Gateway address. Tried accessing "192.168.100.2" but cannot do that either. The modem has no reset button and the ISP support has been extremely terrible. Since there are no options other than BSNL in this area, and I very much need Broadband connectivity, I'm stuck with BSNL despite the bad service. Is there anyway I can fix this issue? Thanks.

First thing is what is your make of your ont DBC/Netlink/Syrotech? general these all have the 192.168.1.1 as gateway ip which belongs to 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.

if you changed your ip subnet of your ont just use the angry ip scanner to find it's ip by connecting directly to it's ethernet port. it is the easiest way.

My modem is Huawei Echolife HG850a. The default Gateway was "192.168.100.1" and IP was"192.168.100.2". Interchanged them. Now, cannot access the login page via either of them.

Connect directly to system Ethernet port you will get to know the Gateway ip, provided you have not disabled DHCP.

try setting the ip address of ur pc to 192.168.100.6, and try to login, because sometimes dhcp wont automatically allot ur pc an IP address in that subnet

Are you able to still connect to the router over wi-fi via a laptop/desktop? If not, connect your machine via ethernet cable to the router and run this command from the command prompt:

ipconfig /all

Depending on the medium you have connected to the router (wi-fi or Ethernet), look at the results on the command window:

If you have connected to via wi-fi, look for "Wireless Lan Adapter Wi-Fi:", it should look like this:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 24 October 2020 05:32:41 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 28 October 2020 04:14:22 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Default gateway above should be the IP Address of your router to use, in order to access the page.

If you are connected via an ethernet cable, please try looking for the same info under "Ethernet adapter Ethernet" :

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back