Cannot access my ISP's Server

spsk11india

ISP
BSNL
Hi there,I use BSNL broadband connection. Plan Startup 250.I got the connection before 15 days.From day 1 of getting connection, I cannot access the IPs 192.168.1.1 or 218.248.240.23, the server addresses of BSNL.I pinged with the IPs and I got 100% reply-packets.But, when I tried from IE, Firefox, Opera and safari, all was in vain. IE says "Page not found"; Firefox and Opera show a blank page and say "done".I use UTSTARCOM UT300R2U (TYPE 1)MODEM. Broadband Helpline has no solution for this. They just say "Problem is not in our side as you can successfully ping with the two IPs."All other sites are viewable without any problem.Kindly give me a solution for the problemThank you.

in your LAN settings make sure that IP address is set to something like 192.168.1.4(for example) & subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 then try opening 192.168.1.1.also remove any dns server addresses you might have from LAN settings & set it to automatic.if still no success run ipconfig /all in command prompt(type cmd in run dialogue box in start menu) & post the results.

first check u r lan go to iE open Settings ->>>>>.they Connections->LAn Seetings----->>>> MAnulal ip addres--> type ip address 192.168.1.1 ->>>>then click ok this might solve u r problem192.168.1.1 this an MAsk ip address given by u r Modem try 192.168.0.1

Thank you all...whitestar_999,kanishka andessbebeI got it done by changing the IP addresses as suggested.Now I can access my MODEM Settings page.Thanks again.

Back