Cannot connect laptop to net when SSID is not transmitted :(

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,896
reminds me why i should continue to stay away from Acer hardware. when it comes to portable computers, i would not buy anything but Dell. :(

@funkatronic
OH! you were the guy advising format a new laptop!
( service contract/ exists )
1. Did you ever own an Acer laptop?
I don't have one. Pretty old Sony VAIO FX215 ( working)
and Dell Inspiron 8000. XPPro sp3
So disqualified from posting in this thread.
If your condition that a member should Install Windows 7,
or own/use/try any other software/application/eqpt/modems/routers
before talking about it,
I would have been banned by this Forum long back.
And would not have learnt so much in this and other forum/s ,
by discussion/suggestion/feedback /research/reading/ etc.
and friendly reminders from "expert" members like you, about my lack of
experience and knowledge .
I apologise for my post in this thread.

@Funkatronic I cannot do a clean install as this is a pre installed laptop
@ socrates also gets disqualified ! as the OS is Preinstalled !

@socrates:
Sorry I missed the Acer laptop details you had given earlier in your post.
if the dealer is not willing to do the needful, better send email to ACER CC.

@ socrates also gets disqualified ! as the OS is Preinstalled !
LOL
@socrates:
Sorry I missed the Acer laptop details you had given earlier in your post.
if the dealer is not willing to do the needful, better send email to ACER CC.
No problems, no offense meant none taken :)

Another thing I missed out in the previous post as I found it out this morning is that the multi touch facility on the touch pad. I am now told it's called 'multi gesture facility' (like in iPhone) has also stopped working :iomg::@. I have not bothered to remove the crapware or install my applications as I feel when I go to the service they too would do a system restore to see for themselves whats wrong :cry::wall:
God knows what other shocks are in store. Almost a week & NOT used the lappy for anything useful :madness:
Yes I had got a call from cc & he had asked me to fix an appointment with the service center but that has now been postponed as the service center have to get the cable but I feel the cable problem is not as serious as this crappy installation done on the machine.

@funkatronic
If your condition that a member should Install Windows 7

Condition? It was merely a suggestion. As you are aware, we are on a forum, and all we can give are suggestions which people might or might not choose to take. I just called you out on your ludicrous assumption that reinstalling the OS on a brand new laptop is a bad suggestion. If you want to turn it into a shit-slinging match, well good luck, as i do not have the time or inclination to keep at it.

Also @ socrates

Your laptop came pre-installed with Win7 i agree, but if you do ever want to do a reinstall of the OS, all you need is a win7 home premium CD (which you can acquire through any source) so long as you have a valid key. (Which should be on the bottom on your laptop)

And if your laptop didnt come with a Win7 key sticker on your laptop/ With your laptop manuals etc, theres a whole new reason to go to Acer CC, although im pretty sure you've put up with them quite a lot already.

Also @ socrates

Your laptop came pre-installed with Win7 i agree, but if you do ever want to do a reinstall of the OS, all you need is a win7 home premium CD (which you can acquire through any source) so long as you have a valid key. (Which should be on the bottom on your laptop)
Aah I didn't this bit Thanks :D
And if your laptop didnt come with a Win7 key sticker on your laptop/ With your laptop manuals etc, theres a whole new reason to go to Acer CC, although im pretty sure you've put up with them quite a lot already.
Yes the lappy has a sticker at the bottom :)

Update 22-3-2010

The problem of the Touchpad, Webcam & Bluetooth of my Acer 3810TZ, have been solved by the service center. The problem of WiFi not being able to connect to the net when SSID is hidden is still pending as well as the problem of the incomplete Restore partition on my laptop. I am getting a lot of promises but no solutions :(

personally i hate mouthshut... pathetic people. either post the thing here or post a link to your blog post...

Back