Cannot download anything through Torrent

• Thread starter Thread starter sickizblank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 7,326
Alright , sorry for the delays , i removed Bit Defender Total Security 2009 and everything seems to be perfect. I can download without any problems.But , i had Bit Defender Total Security 2009 on my laptop (using wi-fi) and it worked without any problems. Laptop had , window xp pro. sp3 !On the pc , the same anti virus (64 bit version) gave me this limited connectivity error. Weird.Thanks for the help guys, although it'll be great if you could check on the anti virus issue and let me know.Cheers.

Ah, so you had a software firewall installed. You just mentioned an Anti-Virus in your original post, coz otherwise, that's one of the first things we would've suggested. :p

put your firewall setting to low and it will work . If using vista use window defender firewall only !;)

ahh i had the same problem with kaspersky security suite.You have to manually have firewall rules for your torrent client.in kaspersky i made an exception by allowing all ip addesss that is 0.0.0.0.-255.255.255.255 tcp and udp connections for vuze and utorrent and it worked.

ahh i had the same problem with kaspersky security suite.You have to manually have firewall rules for your torrent client.in kaspersky i made an exception by allowing all ip addesss that is 0.0.0.0.-255.255.255.255 tcp and udp connections for vuze and utorrent and it worked.

You sure it'll work then? :)
Can ya guide me set up rules for Bit Defender Total Security 2009 please?
I'm kind of new at all this and don't want to end up messing everything up.
Also i think Bitdefender Total Security 2009 > ESet Smart Security v3.
So i'm going to have BD2009 till v4 ESS comes out.
Waiting for your reply , cheers.

i dont know about bit defender.I advise you to check thier forums and post thre about how to have a manual exception firewall rule for utorrent,vuze and how to set it.be sure to allow all ip addresses for p2p and also download peerguardian2.It will block anti p2p sniffers like RIAA,MPAA

Back