Cannot send SMS to a specific USA number

• Thread starter Thread starter devilpiper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,519

devilpiper

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I have a vodafone connection in Kolkata 98305 xxxxx and when i am trying to send an sms to my relative in US using +1 614-xxx-xxxx everytime the message sending status is shown as "failed" but surprisingly when i send a message to another relative in US using the same methodology of +1 (only his area code is different 323) he gets my messages. No problem with sending sms to my brother in singapore using 0065. Then why this specific number is giving me all the trouble?? Any updates on this would be really helpful.regds

well in india we have sms v2 service.in which u can receive the msg and as well as send the msg no string attached.In usa few service provider SMS v1.In which u can only send SMS and not receive any sms.Even few provider have SMS v1.5In which u can send SMS and receive the msg only if that person reply to the msg send by u.He can't create and send a new msg.Heres the y u are not able to send sms to a specific no. in US.

Is the person's (for whom the send failed) provider Sprint ? If so, then they might not receive your SMS. Other national providers Verizon,T-Mobile and AT&T Cingular support true SMS, Sprint does'nt. Only way you can send a message is through MSN messenger (which they have to configure for mobile at their end).This was the state of affairs until 2006, after that i dont know.PS: 614 is Columbus,OH right ?

You need the following details with you

[*]Country in which sms is sent
[*]Network name to which you are sending sms
[*]Type of sms that you are sending i.e. MMS or SMS
[*]Exact mobile number with codes to which you are sending sms
[/list]
Gather all this details & call up vodafone to complaint about issue.

Ideally you need to have agreement between both the mobile operators for sending & receiving sms or calls. In few cases there is just agreement for calls & not sms. It would be great if you could ask your relative in US to callup his operator & make a complaint with above details to US operator

Back