CDMA Mobile Operator in India

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I'm looking for CDMA operator in India. I remember that lot of mobile operators provided CDMA services few years ago. And, i am not sure, though, i understand that all of us are using GSM.

Can anybody give more information about the present status of CDMA in India? I feel that there are people who still prefer CDMA in India.

CDMA died back in 2017.

I heard the same. But, how do i get a better and encrypted network? I know that GSM is not so foolproof, and the mobile network can be tapped easily.

Any idea on how the VIPs, Business Magnates, and Politicians keep their network secure, if not CDMA?

I would still love to use CDMA, but unfortunately it is dead.
The CAG (through their fake 2G scam report) and the Ambanis (Through RCom) destroyed CDMA in India so that the spectrum band can be converted to LTE and used by Jio.

Last edited:
@mreccentric CDMA in India operated on the 800 Mhz frequency (824-844 Mhz for uplink and 869-889 Mhz for downlink). Rcom bought over CDMA operations of MTS & TATA and then converted these into LTE Band 5 (850 Mhz), the band with maximum indoor penetration. Then Jio & RCom had an agreement so that Jio can use these spectrum.

Back