Change Mobile Number and its effect on OTT

• Thread starter Thread starter flame10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 13,260

flame10

ISP
BSNL
I had initially given a lesser used alternate number while signing up for jio fiber.
Now somehow I have realised that the OTT plans are just eye wash and will rather use my own plans.

for example I do already have Hotstar premium and zee5. But on the STB I am not able to login to a diff account.
So if I change my Jio Fiber registered mobile number to my main no. the plans will get properly reflected on the STB, right?

also I hope it will not negatively effect my account. Say I don't want that Hotstar VIP to override my premium plan.

If its a smart tv these apps should be there on it, you could directly login into them. Then the jio stb subscription will not come into play.

would like to know more about this as i'm unable to use the sonyliv subscription using my registered mobile number, maybe because i already had a sonyliv account with my mobile number.

@MW420BLAZEiT see that's what I feared and I used an alt no.

@socrates Jio subscription effects the account, say if I recharge 999 then it enables VIP on the Hotstar account regardless of the device. I hope if I already had premium, this will not degrade that to VIP.

No it will not degrade Hotstar premium to VIP, but your VIP will be useless as you would still be allowed to stream on only 2 devices simultaneously. Basically in effect it would be as if you do not have VIP.

would like to know more about this as i'm unable to use the sonyliv subscription using my registered mobile number, maybe because i already had a sonyliv account with my mobile number.
You need to activate sonyliv subscription through the Jio STB first

Back