Cheapest modem/onu/ont? for BSNL fiber

ISP
BSNL
As the title says. I'm looking for the cheapest device that works for BSNL FTTH. I just want a LAN port coming out of it which I can plug into my router. WIll be going for the 100Mbps plan - GBE port is a bonus but not a must. Links to buy online will be very helpful too

Last edited:
Go for Netlink or Huawei . What is the device you are using currently ?

Ah okay. I managed to get a technical guy's number, I'll ask him which ONTs are compatible and take it from there

Use the cheapest ONT possible with no WiFi, no POTS (unless you need POTS) and get a separate WiFi router (Archer C6/A6 is recommended quite often here), use ONT in bridge mode.

ONTs have kinda sus software. I think there was one mentioned here recently where login details was in plain text.

With Archer C6 you can install OpenWRT if you don't like stock software (though Stock TP-Link software is usually far better than ONT).

@bigbyte.me 2500 is a lot just for ONT. Are you including the installation too by meaning "all inclusive" ?. The Syrotech/Netlink/Alphion are not reliable firmware wise. I myself find that the admin page does not load when I am trying to change multiple things. Or the admin page just gets stuck without any response . You would not want that . Get a basic Huawei ONT because they offer better UI and router generally does not get bricked.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply @shashankb .
Agree on the Rs.2500 loot part, but I inquired in local market and it's not available below 1750 plus GST. All inclusive means GST included. So the difference is only 300-400 rupees, which will easily be spent in petrol/parking.

I want to buy Huawei basic ONT but unable to find it in local market (Mumbai).

Back