Choosing software development as a career

Motorazor143

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 256Kbps Unlimited combo
Hi all,I'm a final year Comp engg student..I'm planning to choose Software development as my career.have done quite a bit of programming through out my graduation but havn't expertised even a single programming language.:(..But i'm comfortable working with C,c++ VB etc..These days am learning Python..Right now am in a dilemma to choose which technology as a career option..My friends are recommending .net or java but i'm not interested since it's quite difficult to find a job in Java as a fresher and there are quite of a lot of .net people around too.i'm feeling to do something different..So i was putting serious thought on PHP..howz the demand for PHP programmers in India??How do u guys see a career in web development? I dont know much people who are working in software industry to guide me.I hope that you guys will help me to get out of this dilemma.:confused:your suggestions are welcome.thanks in advance

i don't know much about php, but yes, i will be doing a cousre in core + advance java this november in niit

do some j2ee, u will get a job then. or some sap etc. Do some unix/linux stuff. Know some hardware, general networking. U will make a good developer and an architect.webdevelopment php, ajax, sounds cool, but very few larger companies hire them actually afaik.I speak coz, i am your faggot webadmin. And I deal with developers whole day & night. & when their code breaks my production servers I take the blame. Its very easy to find a developer, but very hard to find a good one. Most of these bastards just copy paste to make a living.But personally I think all software people will be unemployed in say 2years?! I think farming is a good alternative.:cool2:

php in india... not going to work. it might be very popular for web applications but few companies use it on major projects.

Looks like i need to settle with .net technologies for the time being..Some day will move to Open source technology for sure.:thumb:

Back