Combing Speeds of Broadband with 3G on a Single PC

• Thread starter Thread starter dmellosd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,527

dmellosd

ISP
Airtel, BSNL
HiI have an unlimited 2MBps Airtel Connection. I just brought a 3G USB Data Card from BSNL Karnataka. Was wondering how to connect my laptop to both simultaneously and use the combined bandwidth. After a lot of trial and error and after more than 12hrs i am able to get a sustained download of around 5 MBps. That's approx 560 KB /s. I was able to download a 700 MB Xvid file in approx 23 minutes. Theoretically, using this method one can connect any no. of USB devices to a single laptop. And use combined bandwidth. Depends on the no. of usb ports that u have. Few limitations still remain. Maybe i can write a tutorial in a couple of days.

Yea waiting for the tip!

How is it possible ??? Would love to know from you. Dude incomplete information is same like no information so it's better you write how you do it or we think it's just a fake information provided by you.

Hi
I have an unlimited 2MBps Airtel Connection. I just brought a 3G USB Data Card from BSNL Karnataka. Was wondering how to connect my laptop to both simultaneously and use the combined bandwidth. After a lot of trial and error and after more than 12hrs i am able to get a sustained download of around 5 MBps. That's approx 560 KB /s. I was able to download a 700 MB Xvid file in approx 23 minutes. Theoretically, using this method one can connect any no. of USB devices to a single laptop. And use combined bandwidth. Depends on the no. of usb ports that u have. Few limitations still remain. Maybe i can write a tutorial in a couple of days.

Is it load balancing or bandwidth aggregation...? I guess you have used load balancing technique as bandwidth aggregation is virtually impossible. As BSNL 3G provides up to 7.2Mbps, downloading at 5Mbps is possible (I do that daily). Did u check your usage in both Airtel and BSNL after the download?

HiIt is indeed by load balancing. On normal downloads, the unlimited airtel wifi gives me 230 KB/s. Approx 1.75 MBps. I do not know why. Regarding BSNL, I was provided with a Teracom LM272 USB modem with a max connect speed of 3.6 MBps. I got a max of 3.2 and a sustained 3.1 MBps. I do not have a 7.2 HSDPA modem to check out whether a 7-8 MBps is possible on BSNL 3G. And yes, it works for downloads basically but the principle can be applied for web browsing like online video viewing and other stuff with very high data downloads. And if one were to extrapolate that then the amount of interfaces connected could be limited only to the no. of available ports on the PC / laptop and total expenditure on various internet service providers. Theoretically, one can use load balancing on say a USB Modem with unlimited broadband, a wifi router with unlimited broadband, A EVDO data card, A 3G data card, and a CDMA 1x Card and get a throughput of roughly 12 MBps at maybe under Rs 5000/- a month. However there are a lot of limitations and the technique is nothing new. It been around for a long time. For those wanting to try out i can point out that the following steps.1)Create dial up networking connections with auto redial and extra initialization AT commands to the data card connections.2)Do not use the data card software interface to connect.3)Install a load balancing app like wingate4)Use the created DUN connections under proxy sharing and change the service port.5)Change the HTTP proxies and access port of apps u want to access the combined bandwidth.As far as i understand, the proxy server (i.e the software app) takes care of the load balancingI am using the above method and getting around 5 MBps in JDownloader for RS and FS Premium downloadsHowever lots of issues need to be ironed out. Frequent disconnects , Dependency on all connected interfaces etc.Its not a start it, forget it method. But it works for me.Hope this helps

Nice info!This is a new info for me..Thanks..Now I really feel that I am in a "broad" band forum...

Hi
I have an unlimited 2MBps Airtel Connection. I just brought a 3G USB Data Card from BSNL Karnataka. Was wondering how to connect my laptop to both simultaneously and use the combined bandwidth. After a lot of trial and error and after more than 12hrs i am able to get a sustained download of around 5 MBps. That's approx 560 KB /s. I was able to download a 700 MB Xvid file in approx 23 minutes. Theoretically, using this method one can connect any no. of USB devices to a single laptop. And use combined bandwidth. Depends on the no. of usb ports that u have. Few limitations still remain. Maybe i can write a tutorial in a couple of days.

I highly believe that what you are drying to do is not possible as their are many things in networking which are bound to a particular socket at a time only