Configuring Belkin router

• Thread starter Thread starter vharish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 8,264

vharish

ISP
BSNL
Dear All,I have a BSNL broadband connection with SmartAX MT882 modem. I want to connect my laptop to the internet by a wireless mode using a Belkin enhanced wireless router(F6D4230sa4).I have to go online to configure the router,i connected a cable with RJ45 connector form the modem ethernet port to the router's modem port and another cable from the ethernet port of the system to the wired port of the router.When i try to connect to the internet i get an error 678 which says the remote computer did not respond.Please note that i have not loaded the software supplied by the supplier.I request your help.

@vharish
Welcome to broadbandforum.co

Probably you are in Dialer mode .
Change to Always on connection
and enter your ID and PW in wan page etc.

Enable DHCP in modem.
Connect laptop to same modem LAN mode and test
connection to internet.
Internet.

You need not be connected to internet
to for settings for Belkin wifi router.
RUN the Installation CD and follow
instructions.
Range 1000 feet claimed.
For our reference :
eBay India: Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router (F6D4230SA4) (item 250526638385 end time 07-Dec-2009 14:58:32 IST)

feedback.

@vharish

Enable DHCP in modem.
connection to internet.
Internet.

instructions.
Range 1000 feet claimed.
For our reference :
eBay India: Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router (F6D4230SA4) (item 250526638385 end time 07-Dec-2009 14:58:32 IST)

feedback.
I thankyou for your reply.As said above i am in dialer mode.How do i go to the
internet without giving ID and pw?Frankly i do not know,please explain it to me.Then what is this wan page.I am following the instruction given by the belkin tech people and doing the installation. I have gone to page http://192.168.2.1/ of belkins and have tried doing the connections in dynamic,static & PPPoE mode,but i am unsucessful.Please help me to overcome this.

@VHARISHAs per my knowledge ur connections are correct. Setup ur modem to bridge mode, u can find that in the links given by essbebe. Now set up ur Belkin router by going to its web page/ or by the software provided in cd. If using web page select 'Internet WAN' & then select pppoe mode 'if u want an always on connection'. Go to next, fill in ur username password, connection provider name & other details as usual. Save & reboot router.I think this should do the needful. This way u can use ur lan without internet also. U only need to switch on ur modem when u need to surf the net. Remember belkin router usually takes around a minute to connect to internet after switching on the modem. Please provide feedback.P.S.: When ur modem is in bridge mode, just connect it to ur system directly, just to check once that ur connection/ modem settings are fine.

@VHARISH

As per my knowledge ur connections are correct. Setup ur modem to bridge mode, u can find that in the links given by essbebe. Now set up ur Belkin router by going to its web page/ or by the software provided in cd. If using web page select 'Internet WAN' & then select pppoe mode 'if u want an always on connection'. Go to next, fill in ur username password, connection provider name & other details as usual. Save & reboot router.

I think this should do the needful. This way u can use ur lan without internet also. U only need to switch on ur modem when u need to surf the net. Remember belkin router usually takes around a minute to connect to internet after switching on the modem.

Please provide feedback.

P.S.: When ur modem is in bridge mode, just connect it to ur system directly, just to check once that ur connection/ modem settings are fine.
@ arihantddn

If i use PPPoE mode what will be domain name of BSNL broadband connection. Will it be *****@bsnl.in or *****@dataone.in .If it is a id different from the above,please tell me

@VHARISHI suppose it should be 'dataone' only. By the way where do u want to put this. Just post the screen shot for the same, so that I can be sure what it is.

Now i have configured my modem in multiuser mode.When i enable the DHCP in modem and press enable button,it is asking for staring IP address and ending IP address.Must i change it.It is also asking for the lease time period.
What data must i give there?Where must i run the installation CD?In my laptop or in my desktop.If i install the CD in my desktop how will i be able to access the net in my laptop.

@vharish

Enable DHCP in modem.
connection to internet.
Internet.

instructions.
Range 1000 feet claimed.
For our reference :

feedback.

When i enable the DHCP in modem and press enable button,it is asking for staring IP address and ending IP address.Must i change it.It is also asking for the lease time period.

staring IP address = 192.168.2.2
ending IP address = 192.168.2.100

lease time period = 12 or 24 hours

Back