Configuring Billion 5200S for Airtel Broadband

halluc1nati0n

ISP
Airtel
Can someone enlighten me as how to configure the Billion 5200S for Airtel Broadband ?I've tried everything.. But the PPP LED doesnt seem to glow ...Should I configure it for PPPoE/PPPoA mode or Bridged mode?1. I've tried PPPoE (LLC) ... The ADSL link glows, but the PPP LED does'nt come up.Am I missing something here ? 2.In bridged mode, (If I configure it that way), there does'nt seem to be an username/password field ... How do I set it up in Bridged mode then ???Please help with detailed instructions!!I need help immediately.. :wall:

Problem resolved .. :yahoo: This modem is one good modem ... I tried saving all the details and did a restart both on the modem as well as on the PC.Stable to the core right now. Connecting using the PPPoE mode only.I don't know how to make the bridged connection work.. But I'm a happy man now! :thumbsup:

Iin bridged mode, (If I configure it that way), there does'nt seem to be an username/password field ... How do I set it up in Bridged mode then ???
This is normal. you have to enter these in a dialer (like dialup56K) without telephone number.
see this website select any modem and see instructions for setting "PPPoE" dialer.
SmartAX MT-841 ADSL MODEM (Type-IV) MENU
Add to favorites list.

Back