Configuring BSNL FTTH ONT

ISP
BSNL
I have recently taken a BSNL FTTH connection. i was given Inotech GPE400 ONT with it. BSNL office had pre-configured this ONT before handing it to me and it was simple plug-and-play operation for me. But, they were unable to configure calling facility on it despite repeated fiddling and flashing of various firmwares on it. What I inferred form their discussion it that VOIP settings doesn't stick after reboot. Also this modem has superuser, logging ID and password of which are not provided to me. Even my PPPoE ID and password are not provided to me.
I am not happy with modem's performance and have decided to return it and get a simple non-WiFi ONT. A relative having a spare Netlink HG323R ONT has generously lent it to me which I plan to use with a separate router.
I want to configure it for my connection and want to know what details should I obtain from BSNL office for both internet and calling. BSNL employees are also noob in this regard and they themselves need help from regional office to even configure their own modem. So I want to obtain all details in one go. Plz help me in this regard.
Mods, If there is any other thread with these details, feel free to delete this thread, but plz direct me to it.

You will need the New modem's MAC ID which your friend has lent you , which should be on the back of router or in the admin page. You cannot completely self configure the new modem because BSNL has to register the new modem in their OLT database for it to work.

PPPoE username has a format which BSNL follows and password is just password

Also if the new Netlink modem is configured correctly , the call config is taken automatically I guess

Back