configuring DSL connection on Fedora 10

• Thread starter Thread starter gangeshark
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 3,279

gangeshark

ISP
BSNL
i recently took a BSNL broadband connection.i tried to configure the supplied modem UTSTARCOM (UT300R2U) in FC10 using the manual but in vain.in network config window the device(eth 0) gets activated but when the modems ip add. is entered in the browser it says the connection seems valid but could not connect and advises different things.also i tried the automatically obtain using DHCP method as well as manual configuration but it doesnt work.out of which the initial one doesnt work at all while the latter method works partially upto activating the device. i read a procedure which involved creating an xDSL ethernet device.here again the device ppp0 gets activated but theres always a redcross on the network icons as in the previous case.why is the red cross there?:wall: i also tried using USB connection but it does not recognise it.i mean insted of listing usb 0 it mentions eth 0. why is this so give a step by step procedure to configure the modem and setting up the internet in FC 10 no matter how it is to be done..:huh:

post output of ifconfig from your terminal

Back