• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8,623
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dasharath

ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi to all,I am unable to configure, internet on Linux fedora operating system by using static ip given by tataindicom broadband connection.Anybady can help me how can i configure internet connecton. RegardsK.Dasharath

this is not really a good way to ask :)you should post more details like what version of fedora and more information on what you have already tried and what error messages you are getting etc...otherwise it is very difficult for people who want to help to know where to start from ...

open a shell, and then type:

ifdown eth0ifconfig eth0 192.168.99.14 netmask 255.255.255.0 uproute add default gw 192.168.99.1Replace IP / netmask with actual values.

Now web based login from TIBB should come up whenever you visit a site (and you are not logged in).

you should post more details like what version of fedora...

Second that

run following command and put ur IP values:system-config-network

doh i was about to post "try system-config-network", was searching for the exact name since i dont use fedora, but amish came first :P

yester day i installed fedora 8 and can any one help me how can i configure internet connecton.. in network selection i selected dhcp and typed dns like 202.54.29.5 and ip address and default gateway and configured network adapter but iam not able to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back