Configuring NetGear DG834G wireless-G modem Router on MTNL broadband in Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter sukhvinder
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 7,969

sukhvinder

ISP
mtnl triband
I have recently bought the Netgear DG834g wireless-g modem router. Can anyone please help me in the configuration of the same.The internet light is stable red in color. dsl line is solid green.All other things are fine.. I am just not able to turn the internet light to green.. :cry:Please help,, thanks in advanceSukhvinder

I have the same wireles router cum modem . And its working fine for me.

First check the Basic Setting column and follow the steps

1.Basic Setting
Does Your Internet Connection Require A Login?- click yes
Encapsulation - PPPoE
Login - your phone number
Password - CA number
Service name - leave blank

Internet IP Address - click on Get Dynamically From ISP
Domain Name Server (DNS) Address - click on Use These DNS Servers

Primary DNS 59.179.243.70
Secondary DNS 203.94.243.70

NAT (Network Address Translation) - click enable

2.ADSL Settings

Multiplexing Method select LLC-BASED
VPI 0
VCI 32
DSL Mode Auto(multi mode)

3.Wireless Settings

Name (SSID): Any name
Region: Asia
Channel: 11
Mode : g & b

:inodding:

Hello Varun,Thanks a lot for ur reply.. u r absolutely right. It worked for me.. Now i wanted to use wireless feature on my laptop. so i had to go to the advanced wireless setting of the Netgear router and add manually the devices MAC id and then accept the setting.Then it started wireless communication and i didnt had to use the LAN cable.Thanks a lot ..I hope this thread helps other also..If anyone has any problem, then can post a question regarding the same..Take careSukhvinder

1.Basic Setting Does Your Internet Connection Require A Login?- click yesEncapsulation - PPPoELogin - your phone numberPassword - CA numberService name - leave blankWhere is the basic settings collum ? where do i click yes?

Back