Configuring TATA WIMAX in Linksys WRT54g or BELKIN N150

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
bsnl
Hi,

I own a TATA INDICOM connection and recently they changed my wired connection to wireless.So after that i wasn't able to connect to multiple systems via my Linksys router,coz they have given me a Single ethernet wire that comes from the terrace where the wifi router is fixed from that it is connected to a white box might be a POE box..Then from that box i need to connect it to my PC or LAPTOP.By this when i connected to my laptop via wire,it worked.But when connected in Routers its not working.I tried configuring my router to dynamic IP,since TATA gave only dynamic and not STATIC.So tell me how to configure the LINKSYS WRT54G for WIMAX so tht i could use it for multiple systems..

Please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I have attached an image of the POE box...

The black wire is from the terrace and the gray is to the system..

So please help me... THANKS!!!!

There must be an option of PPPoe in your router. If there is then you can easily input the username and password they have provided onto the router and start using your connection. Dynamic IP option will not work.

Hi , I got the WRT54G working with wimax same day the guys installed the router. the steps follow:1. Do a factory rest 2. get thd router cd 3 follow the instructions on the cd for initial set up4. when they ask you to connect the blue cable, take out the yellow one coming from your modem.. replace it with the blue cable and connect it with the router5. when they ask for the computer connection during the install take the yellow cable from the router to the computer6. Once installation is completed open your browser and go to login page for tata indicom7 connect to internet8. logout and internet wil be disconnected automatically9. disconnect yellow ethernet running from router to computer10. connect to your wireless network11. do 6,7 and your back to wireless

PPPoE will not work with router as WiMax authentication is not based on PPPoE. If you have static IP, then you can ask technical support of TATA to disable the login page and they will set your login id to automatic login.

Well i am using pppoe with tata wimax..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back