connected with railwire-unable to login to router IP & how to config for wifi

• Thread starter Thread starter kasthuri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 32,765
ISP
BSNL
1.With DBC BC 1000B-HGX fibre router able to connect to railwire thro Ethernet. But unable to to login to router IP 192 .168.1.1. How to get this done .
2. With ADSL router how to to get Wi-Fi enabled railwire.
3. Any possibility of doing this with TP-Link wireless router TL MR 3040. How to do config .

Thanks.

1. It's an ONU. Connect your laptop/desktop over LAN/Wifi. Check at the back of it. There should be a default IP/address and login credentials- use that.
2. No, You cannot. You would need an ONU to dial your PPP connection. You can also use a router to dial PPPOE but you will have to put your ONU in bridge mode.
3. You will still need an ONU as said in 2nd point.

1. It's an ONU. Connect your laptop/desktop over LAN/Wifi. Check at the back of it. There should be a default IP/address and login credentials- use that.
2. No, You cannot. You would need an ONU to dial your PPP connection. You can also use a router to dial PPPOE but you will have to put your ONU in bridge mode.
3. You will still need an ONU as said in 2nd point.
Thanks. see unable to reach ONU iP which is 192.168.1.1. Tried with 3 browsers and followed few tips from online but unable to reach DBC router ip management page looking for FIX.

try setting a static IP
e.g. IP 192.168.1.2
Gateway 192.168.1.1
and try again.

thanks wanderer . you posted
try setting a static IP
e.g. IP 192.168.1.2
Gateway 192.168.1.1
and try again.

where to set this . As mentioned earlier I am unable to reach DBC router ip 192.168.1.1. from any of my 3 browsers.

@kasthuri Connect your DBC ONU to your laptop/desktop with LAN cable first. Then see if 192.168.1.1 opens. If not, call your operator or LOC, you are not equipped to do the setup by yourself.

Last edited:
thanks wanderer . you posted
try setting a static IP
e.g. IP 192.168.1.2
Gateway 192.168.1.1
and try again.

where to set this . As mentioned earlier I am unable to reach DBC router ip 192.168.1.1. from any of my 3 browsers.
You need to connect your laptop with ONU and then set the above mentioned in the Ethernet adapter's ipv4 settings.

As @imdarkray said, first connect your ONU to PC via LAN. Run ipconfig in command prompt and check what is the ip of default gateway.

Back